acoustics/voice

AXIS

so when i record my voice is like super high pitched
and its like im recording in a small church
any tips for this?

Have you tried messing with equalization on audacity? Can give yourself a nice base boost or treble reduction if that's what you're having issues with~

if theres a lot of echo or the feeling of space in your audio (the small church problem you mentioned) then likely you will need to find somwehere else to record or soundproof the room somehow

If you can sort out your channel link I can take a look at exactly what this problem is if you have uploaded a video with the problem. Yes, audacity can manage normalization, echo reduction and compression of voice waves but it could also be that you have a mic that is picking up too much background noise so when noise does bounce off your walls it has echo or pitch in the recording as it is picking it up. If this is the case then I suggest turning down your microphone volume so you have to be closer to it for it to pick up your voice and also learn some audacity editing as the above people suggest. It won't always completely fix the problem though as your microphone may just not be that great of quality and I have a very echoic room too but my microphone I have to be very close for it to pick up my voice or anything really.

If you can sort out your channel link I can take a look at exactly what this problem is if you have uploaded a video with the problem. Yes, audacity can manage normalization, echo reduction and compression of voice waves but it could also be that you have a mic that is picking up too much background noise so when noise does bounce off your walls it has echo or pitch in the recording as it is picking it up. If this is the case then I suggest turning down your microphone volume so you have to be closer to it for it to pick up your voice and also learn some audacity editing as the above people suggest. It won't always completely fix the problem though as your microphone may just not be that great of quality.

i didnt uploaded it yet and its my first vid its wile editting i found out the problem :/

is that possible whith a camera
im not filming with a webcam :/
Are you recording your voice with the camera microphone you mean? You can extract the audio onto audacity depending on what editing software you use as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1459191323,1459190851][/DOUBLEPOST]
i didnt uploaded it yet and its my first vid its wile editting i found out the problem :/

Are you recording your voice with the camera microphone you mean? You can extract the audio onto audacity depending on what editing software you use as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1459191323,1459190851][/DOUBLEPOST]
oh ok thanks :)

Back