Achieving the same audio volume in all videos using Audacity?

MrYorkiesWorld

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

I have a small question regarding Audacity here, and I've been searching the web desperately trying to find a simple, easy to follow guide that can help me achieve what I'm looking for.

When I record a commentary in Premiere Pro, I then export the audio file to Audacity for cleaning the audio, removing noise etc...

My issue is, I want to be able to adjust the volume of the audio so that every single one of my videos has the same audio level on the commentary, right down to the exact decibel reading if possible. I just can't seem to find an easy, step-by-step guide on how to achieve this?

Sometimes when I record my commentaries I obviously have the issue of being a little closer or further away from the mic than before, and possibly speaking louder or quieter, and so I have to be able to overcome that problem as well.

The answer is probably staring me right in the face but I just can't seem to find a decent way of doing this.

Can anyone help?

Cheers!
Yorkie

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tend to do the opposite, record with Audicity and then export to Premier Pro. Volume output stays the same every time for me.

Red Thunder

Unicorn Wizard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, like the above, if you record with audacity in the first place you can decide then and there how you want that piece of audio to sound.