Accents (and how they affect Entertainment)

Is the New Zealand Accent Ugly?

• Total voters

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Alright, I know, I made a post like this a few months ago, but I didn't quite get the asnwer I wanted, Okay? So, I'm back, again... lol.

I wanted to ask you guys simply about your opinion on the New Zealand accent.. I'm pretty sure it was voted the world's most ugly accent, I don't remember where I heard that, but yeah. I would do anything to have an Irish accent or English accent, anything else! Now, look, I'm not trying to offend, but I really dislike my accent, I wish I had a different one.

I also feel like people on YouTube only really like YouTubers with cool accents.. look at people like jacksepticeye, markiplier, pewdiepie... huge YouTubers... they all have really cool accents (Irish, American, Swedish-thing) ... Is it just me that thinks this, or is it just more entertaining or interesting listening to cool accents along with the entertainment?

Anyways, back to the question, what do you guys think of the New Zealand Accent? Is it ugly, or not? Any other thoughts on the NZ Accent? Thanks people :p

Alright, I know, I made a post like this a few months ago, but I didn't quite get the asnwer I wanted, Okay? So, I'm back, again... lol.

I wanted to ask you guys simply about your opinion on the New Zealand accent.. I'm pretty sure it was voted the world's most ugly accent, I don't remember where I heard that, but yeah. I would do anything to have an Irish accent or English accent, anything else! Now, look, I'm not trying to offend, but I really dislike my accent, I wish I had a different one.

I also feel like people on YouTube only really like YouTubers with cool accents.. look at people like jacksepticeye, markiplier, pewdiepie... huge YouTubers... they all have really cool accents (Irish, American, Swedish-thing) ... Is it just me that thinks this, or is it just more entertaining or interesting listening to cool accents along with the entertainment?

Anyways, back to the question, what do you guys think of the New Zealand Accent? Is it ugly, or not? Any other thoughts on the NZ Accent? Thanks people :p

I'm not a fan of my own accent either. It's so boring!! And then when people from other countries try to mimic the Canadian accent it sounds so weird and absolutely nothing like it actually sounds. The mimicked Canadian accent makes us sound like with have super low IQs and that people think we're dumb. I find it really offensive.

I wouldn't say people only like YouTubers with cool accents. Personally, I'm a huge anglophile, so I do tend to like the British YouTubers, but if their content is boring I don't watch their channels for very long. I used to be subscribed to all the big British YouTubers, but I'm only subscribed to one of them now. Their accents will only get them so far!!! Haha

Personally, the New Zealand accent isn't my favourite, but it's definitely not ugly. There are some American accents that are way worse (I won't say which ones 'coz I don't want to offend). The accent alone wouldn't make me click away from the video. I'd rather have the NZ accent than my own. How about we trade? :p

I'm not a fan of my own accent either. It's so boring!! And then when people from other countries try to mimic the Canadian accent it sounds so weird and absolutely nothing like it actually sounds. The mimicked Canadian accent makes us sound like with have super low IQs and that people think we're dumb. I find it really offensive.

I wouldn't say people only like YouTubers with cool accents. Personally, I'm a huge anglophile, so I do tend to like the British YouTubers, but if their content is boring I don't watch their channels for very long. I used to be subscribed to all the big British YouTubers, but I'm only subscribed to one of them now. Their accents will only get them so far!!! Haha

Personally, the New Zealand accent isn't my favourite, but it's definitely not ugly. There are some American accents that are way worse (I won't say which ones 'coz I don't want to offend). The accent alone wouldn't make me click away from the video. I'd rather have the NZ accent than my own. How about we trade? :p
I'm down for trading, haha. Thanks for the reply, glad to know you'd like mine, I personally rate the canadian accent pretty highly :p
I'm glad at least one person doesn't think it's ugly, my accent is probably my biggest flaw in my opinion, I also hate it when people mimic the NZ accent, some of my Skype friends I play with find it so funny when I say "Pit" (a call out in cs:go), It's kind of funny, kind of annoying, lol.

Oh I actually love the kiwi and ozzie accent allot!! My english accent is slightly messed up because I learned it from my time in Oz and trough american television so it's kinda a mix of that whit a little dutch twist :p lol I get some remarks sometimes but luckily no bad ones because I always try to speak english as well as I can in whatever accent :p

I don't think your accent is ugly, I think it's nice! Irish is probably my favourite - I understand there are different dialects but most of them sound awesome, especially on females. I'm English, so I get complimented on my own from time to time, but honestly I think it's rather bland, aha.

I practiced accents for years. I spent most of my life talking to people around the world, mainly people from Ireland, Scottland, Sweden, Australia, and Britain. Just picked it up... some videos I'm in I swap between accents like crazy.

English is not my native language, so my English accent is somehow not-so-great. Some people find it great. and some people comment badly. I think ACCENT is not ugly unless you try to improve your accent. New Zealand accent is not ugly at all.

Well everytime someone said something on my accent they were only good things (everyone say that it's so lovely) but I can barely feel to have an accent ( I'm italian).
Yeah I think that some accents may sound cooler than others but you also need to sustain that attention you gather with your accent with your entertainment skills. I don't think we can rely only on accents ( I wish i could xD ).

LOL ... Check out my accent. Even I am crying when I hear my own accent. I would swap accents with you immediately if I had the chance.

Back