a successful collab channel and Guide

are collab channels worth the time and effort?

• yes, with the right people and productive time management

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • no, they are childish and soo 2007

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure, havent been around the collab channel scene to understand

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

cosmicjenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay!
soo I've been making YouTube videos for awhile and I've realized that its really hard to grab other vloggers attentions since the past YouTube updates focus alot on mainstream content rather than under ground YouBube vloggers. the home screen is nothing but Vevo and Buzzfeed now.

Im currently trying to start a collab channel and I WANT IT TO SUCCEED. my goal is to try and get other creators attentions that share my same goal. im looking for other creators who love to vlog and would like to be part of a collab channel. i know i dont have alot of subs right now but that all comes with time. alot of my youtube friends that have other 70 thousand subs dont want to help me promote my collab channel. i have no idea why!...so called friends are not so friendly. i guess they think im trying to take their subs.Like that makes any sense. i just want to collaborate and grow a decent collab channel with other vloggers who share the same idea.

There is alot of collab channels that fail and i just dont want that to happen ANYMORE!.

here are 3 reasons why collab channels fail:

1. COMMUNICATION
- all parties do not comply with certain agreements
a. strict rules
b. monitization
c. copyright strikes
- lack of communication
a. fails to report hiatus
b. fails to upload without notice
c. leaves without notice thus being on bad terms
d. some collab vloggers might not get along with fellow collabers.
- the vlogger fails to communicate with his/her audience
a. collab channel fails to connect with its demographic.
b. collab channel lacks popularity
c. never comments back
2. PERSONALITY
- sometimes the vlogger isnt really cutout for vlogging
a. audience is less engaged
b. questions like "what makes you different from the rest" arise
c. vlogger doesn't meet its audiences views or interest

-being kind to one another will take you far in life,if not respected then the collab channel will not grow.
a. slander that comes off being rude and disrespectful. "the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation."
b. if vlogger is not respected,potential subscribers will not subscribe comment or like.
c. fails to inspire fellow collab vloggers with ideas because of envy intentions.

a. bully's subscribers or bad months other YouTubes.
b. doesnt upload months on end but will sporadically.
c. Being Sam Pepper
d. manipulating the young female audience with promises but really just wants money/sex
e. plagiarism; the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
3. QUALITY
- following the basic upload techniques are important. if not then/ will
a. fails to deliver top visual and editing quality.
b. background music over powers vloggers voice.
c. vlogger appears to be shy/timid causing to talk low
d. retention levels are low due to vloggers videos being too long and engaging.
e. blurry visuals
f. discontinuity that interrupt the audience
g. missing mis-en-scenes needed to support visuals are not implemented.
-Your age!
a. many collab channels fail because they are promoted poorly and are not kept managed or updates.
b. uploads are not consistent due to being grounded,soccer practice, no internet skills.
c. mom tried to manage your collab channel
d. doesnt have a main channel but sporadically decided to start a collab channel
e. too young to understand fam is intangible and follow misconceptions

JUST SOME OF THE REASONS WHY COLLAB CHANNELS FAIL!

Its time for a decent collab channel to arise. so if you know any one who wants to be part of a collab channel. a serious one! then direct them my way!

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
c. Being Sam Pepper
Lmfao

I've actually never hears of collab channels until I saw your video on it. Very I interesting, but I have so many questions. Are there any successful collab channels out there that you can point me towards so that I can see how they work?

Sarah&Fam

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer, Other
I'm not intrested in a collab channel... but if you want I will collab with you from my family channel..

cosmicjenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! for starters we have VLOGVETICA (which doesnt exist anymore) but consisted of Michelle Davis of the channel livelavalive, tesa violet of the channel meekakitty, shawna howson from the channel nanalew and cat veldes from the channel catrific. till this day they are all successful youtube vloggers but their collab channel doesnt exist anymore. their collab channel was monumental ! it was one of the first successful collab channels! 2007. if you think about it alot of main stream vloggers were once in collab channels . for example dan howell (danisnotonfire) justine ezrick (ijustine) charlie mcdonell (charlieissocoollike) meghan! (strawburry17) hayleyGhoover, conner franta ect.

the most recent succesful collab channel that i can remember is O2L (Our2ndlife) but they split a year ago.

Reactions: Talooka

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
Wow, I've heard of most of those people but never heard of collab channels. I feel so out of the loop :confused: going to look into those