9 Months and 28 Subscribers? Advice?

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi,
We've been making videos every week for 9 months (which is really fun!) yet we still only have 28 subscribers (some who are friends and family.) We know that it takes a while to gain subscribers, but on forums we read about other channels who've gotten 100 subs in 2 days. Is our channel growing at much slower rate than "average?" We upload frequently, try our best to make good thumbnails, post on all social media about our videos, use lots of tags, and write a description. Is there anything else we can do to get our videos out there? How will people discover our videos with so many other creators out there?

Thank you,
Julia and Claire

Reactions: JayPlaysOfficial

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Moved to Reviews and Channel Feedback, remember the Yttalk help and suggestions is for questions and suggestions of the forum not youtube :)

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Not to discredit your effort but I think the reason you have so few subscribers is because your videos are a little generic and therefore it makes it difficult to compete. I am not trying to dissuade you at all. What I am just saying is that you have to create more unique and creative content to get noticed. There are far too many vloggers who post the same exact videos as you. I would also suggest trying to find a niche community within reddit to post on. I advertise many of my videos on military subreddits and they do very well, since the subreddits are large enough to gain an audience, but small enough to not be lost in a see of links. I would particularly focus on subreddits that have around 6-16 users on at any time.

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I disagree with the above. Vlogging isn't about making something that's always original etc. Vlogging is about showing your life.

How are you promoting your videos? Are you optimising them with tags etc? It takes a lot of work to get subs sometimes as there are a lot of other people trying to do the same. Promoting your videos is the way to get them

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I disagree with the above. Vlogging isn't about making something that's always original etc. Vlogging is about showing your life.

How are you promoting your videos? Are you optimising them with tags etc? It takes a lot of work to get subs sometimes as there are a lot of other people trying to do the same. Promoting your videos is the way to get them
There are literally thousands of people who vlog. What makes your life more interesting then the other tens of thousands of vloggers? I am trying to tell the OP to make something of proprietary value. Vlogging is great, but literally spamming videos of your life isn't going to solve their problem.

Julia and Claire please do not listen to the above poster and do not continue your strategy. Make more interesting videos to capture an audience's attention. The people who have tons of subscribers that vlog do show their daily lives, but the reason of their success is that they were some of the first people to do it. Times are changing and it is much much harder to get recognition. This isn't the site it once was 10 years ago, where you could post a video and gain traction no matter what.

Look at the channel 'the report of the week'. He posts about junk food reviews while wearing a 90's business suit. That's not crazy original but it already sets him apart from many other vloggers.

Last edited:

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i say this to people alot but keep on uploading! keep pushing good videos! this is what i have discovered while doing youtube, keep on pushing to do better and you will start to get out there a lot more, respond to comments and comment on other peoples videos if you enjoyed the video, people like that :D Please just never give up, that isn't the answer haha :)

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
i say this to people alot but keep on uploading! keep pushing good videos! this is what i have discovered while doing youtube, keep on pushing to do better and you will start to get out there a lot more, respond to comments and comment on other peoples videos if you enjoyed the video, people like that :D Please just never give up, that isn't the answer haha :)
Thank you so much for the encouragement![DOUBLEPOST=1498855151,1498855105][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
everyone has different opinions and everyone agrees and disagrees to different stuff
Dude I am being realistic. Tons of people spam post videos that are simply not interesting. Instead of fixing the problem you are encouraging the problem. Not taking a crack at you but you have 160 videos and just 70 or so subs and 2700 views. She is in the same problem. I never said I was against vlogging but you got to make videos that are interesting.