YouTube is Removing Videos - Are You Affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Guys, Web & Tiaras channel is gone,too...

Pretty sure you are familiar with them as they were one of the biggest YT channel:

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/uc0gnkhfmg-bkynnz_mb3d9q

They basically invented the Spiderman and Elsa genre, and in my opinion their videos were absolutely kid friendly and for YT standards they also had quite the production value.

At this point I`d say any channel prominently featuring Disney characters, no matter how family friendly the content is, it`s gonna be in real danger in the next few weeks

[Edit: YTtalk staff made the link clickable]

Last edited by a moderator:

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Guys, Web & Tiaras channel is gone,too...

Pretty sure you are familiar with them as they were one of the biggest YT channel:

socialblade. c0m /youtube/channel/uc0gnkhfmg-bkynnz_mb3d9q

They basically invented the Spiderman and Elsa genre, and in my opinion their videos were absolutely kid friendly and for YT standards they also had quite the production value.

At this point I`d say any channel prominently featuring Disney characters, no matter how family friendly the content is, it`s gonna be in real danger in the next few weeks
Wow! Thanks for the heads up on that.

YouTube Armageddon has arrived...

Reactions: Scapestrato

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Interestingly enough, ToyMonster channel (the Web&Tiara original channel) is still up tho, but I can see on Socialblade that the views for today are

Guess the management pressed the panic button and started removing the most controversial videos?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Interestingly enough, ToyMonster channel (the Web&Tiara original channel) is still up tho, but I can see on Socialblade that the views for today are

Guess the management pressed the panic button and started removing the most controversial videos?
It's probably got a bit to do with the sexual harassment scandals gripping Hollywood at the moment.

Combined with the many reports of sexual harassment in Silicon Valley this year...

Upper Management must have felt pressure to act now, before Christmas, to clean it all out.

Merry Christmas!!

Cooliits HR

Reaction score
Wow. This is scary. We just uploaded our 4th nerf video and we’re planning to film more. But I was talking with my wife and told her about TF and she said “now what? What will happen to our nerf planned videos? And we just stared at each other for a moment. Then I said “I dont know” I guess it’s really back to “ Hello guys today we are going to unbox...(insert toy). Wondering what will happen with Twin Toys which features awesome Nerf Gun. They even feature their baby in some of their video. Stunned...

I'm guessing all nerf wars are out too! Ugh!
[DOUBLEPOST=1511047913,1511047781][/DOUBLEPOST]
Upper Management must have felt pressure to act now, before Christmas, to clean it all out.

Merry Christmas!!
It’s going to be a merry Christmas for the toy companies because there are going to be a lot of toy unboxing videos this coming weeks because of this.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It’s going to be a merry Christmas for the toy companies because there are going to be a lot of toy unboxing videos this coming weeks because of this.
Actually, that's not too far from the truth.
Peeling away the layers of the onion, toy company + Yt management sat down and discussed the drop in toy sales coming via Yt channels.
Toy company execs said not enough toys are featured on Yt, there's way too many skits and role playing.
Result = push channels into safe toy unboxings = more toy sales = more advertising revenues from toy companies on Yt
Probably not that far from the truth, maybe not as dramatic, but I'm sure there's $ behind there somewhere

Last edited:

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I guess I don't really understand the motive for YouTube to do this. They have the kids app and can restrict all they want with it. They also have the restricted mode toggle thing and have also been tweaking ad restrictions on many videos. I'd say those things should cover the problems. They can't argue the videos aren't flagged correctly because they somehow found a way to flag and delete them. There will always be stupid crap on the Internet that kids will stumble upon. Nobody can stop it.

If YouTube doesn't want certain content in the Kids App, then they should block the content from the Kids App, not delete the video (or channel)... >.> I feel like we must only know a portion of the story as to why some of these channels that have been shut down overnight. Maybe there was other stuff going on.

But it's Google's platform, and they can do whatever they want...

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess I don't really understand the motive for YouTube to do this. They have the kids app and can restrict all they want with it. They also have the restricted mode toggle thing and have also been tweaking ad restrictions on many videos. I'd say those things should cover the problems. They can't argue the videos aren't flagged correctly because they somehow found a way to flag and delete them. There will always be stupid crap on the Internet that kids will stumble upon. Nobody can stop it.

If YouTube doesn't want certain content in the Kids App, then they should block the content from the Kids App, not delete the video (or channel)... >.> I feel like we must only know a portion of the story as to why some of these channels that have been shut down overnight. Maybe there was other stuff going on.

There's always something else going on...

They are right now demonetizing anything with the "bad baby" tags or title/description.

Even a completely safe video in which I had the "bad baby" tag just got hit a few minutes ago. It went straight to yellow sign "confirmed by manual review" with no chance to appeal. The only thing was the "bad baby" tag I had.

Untitled.png

This is a bull in the china shop approach of hitting everything remotely associated with "bad baby" and skits and not suitable for 2 year olds. Except that video above is for 2 year olds. Go figure...

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator

Main reason is that this story is getting mainstream coverage, on the ElsaGate subreddit there is even an article about Google "earning millions through child exploitation" that is gaining traction.

For the rest, I agree with you, except maybe in controversial cases like ToyFreaks (videos featuring minors in questionable situations)

Reactions: KatyAdelson

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
The 26th october

Great news! After manually reviewing your video, we’ve determined that it is suitable for all advertisers:

today for the same vidéo

Not suitable for most advertisers
Confirmed by manual review

Youtube is so stupid.... i'm sure the next step is communauty guideline strike for this video. It's kids friendly.... finger family with cake pop

Reactions: Scapestrato
Status
Not open for further replies.