YouTube contacts suck!

I feel very much the same about the whole contact thing. It's like approaching a stranger and starting a conversation with "Here's my number, you're going to want to call me."

I feel very much the same about the whole contact thing. It's like approaching a stranger and starting a conversation with "Here's my number, you're going to want to call me."
I never thought of it that way but you're right, it is like that.

what annoyed me was the fact that none of the contacts we had were anything related to our focus - I mean we are theatre/ performing/ history etc. So stuff on computer games and MLM isn't exactly even relevant!

All my contacts are people who added me! So I added them back. Occasionally I spam a new vid at everyone on my contact list.

I can see a valid reason for having contact lists... But 99% of the time the contacts are just used as spam fodder!

I think you should only add them if you see that they subscribed to you first, not as a way to get more subs but to know that they like your videos and wouldn't mind receiving a message about your new video.

Back