YouTube contacts suck!

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I feel very much the same about the whole contact thing. It's like approaching a stranger and starting a conversation with "Here's my number, you're going to want to call me."

Reactions: Symph

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I feel very much the same about the whole contact thing. It's like approaching a stranger and starting a conversation with "Here's my number, you're going to want to call me."
I never thought of it that way but you're right, it is like that.

southdevonplayers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
what annoyed me was the fact that none of the contacts we had were anything related to our focus - I mean we are theatre/ performing/ history etc. So stuff on computer games and MLM isn't exactly even relevant!

Reactions: Symph

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All my contacts are people who added me! So I added them back. Occasionally I spam a new vid at everyone on my contact list.

I can see a valid reason for having contact lists... But 99% of the time the contacts are just used as spam fodder!

Brandon Dorner

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think you should only add them if you see that they subscribed to you first, not as a way to get more subs but to know that they like your videos and wouldn't mind receiving a message about your new video.

Reactions: F*CKINGENIOUS