YouTube Certified!

Would be correct in assuming that they would prefer brands/companies instead of every day joe off the street

They want it to be something that not everyone can have, something VERY Difficult to achieve, and of course something you have to work for. I think it's cool and if you work for a YouTube company should be a standard requirement.

SO much for it being about subs, views and google+ follows lol ive been trying for ages now as I know how much it will help me grow and how much it could teach me but have no idea how,where or anything lol

Congratulations man big step in growing

SO much for it being about subs, views and google+ follows lol ive been trying for ages now as I know how much it will help me grow and how much it could teach me but have no idea how,where or anything lol

Congratulations man big step in growing

That sounds like YouTube Verification, not certification they are two different things :)

Would be correct in assuming that they would prefer brands/companies instead of every day joe off the street
I would say that's probably correct. I've applied and was rejected but "encouraged to apply again later", here are the criteria in the rejection email:

In addition to already being a YouTube Partner, individuals who meet the following criteria are invited to apply:

• Actively managing channels with potential to accelerate views and support growth
  • Has a sustained operational business
  • In compliance with all YouTube policies, including Terms of Service and community guidelines
Sorry for the funky copy and paste, hopefully that info helps other people looking into it :)

Back