Where do you see yourself in five years?

Hopefully living in New York, working as an anaesthetics nurse! Either that or be traveling somewhere in the world!
My question is: Do you really want to plan out that far ahead though? Why not take one day at a time? Maybe even plan for the next year, tops?

in 5 years I'll be a year out of Uni, so hopefully I'll have a job pertaining to my course, and still be on YouTube!
I've been making YouTube videos since 2013, and I haven't made much progress but that kind of tells me that I'll be doing it for a long time, even if I don't get 'big' or I don't manage to get a solid core audience, I'm still happy making videos

still working on my youtube channel possibly with a few more grey hairs .;) but no! i would have reached my final year of university, i was looking to going into teaching in the media field - as that is what my degree was on, but did a 12 week placement and a secondary school and realised this was not for me. at this current moment i am looking at working in digital marketing but seem to change all the time! Im sure once i have a job it will be harder to balance my channel but will keep working on it! few more late nights!

only thing for certain is i am ordering a chinese takeaway tonight :D

It will be nice to see how far my channel has come in the next 5 years! hopefully a lot more videos down the line! few more friends would be a great goal! I dont know really what i would like my sub count to be in that time!

Well if YT is still here and I am still earning via Adsense I will still be doing that.
But I would love to be my own boss; perhaps have a shop selling antique/upcycled/custom/pallet furniture/stuffs.

Hopefully living in New York, working as an anaesthetics nurse! Either that or be traveling somewhere in the world!
My question is: Do you really want to plan out that far ahead though? Why not take one day at a time? Maybe even plan for the next year, tops?

well i did say "in it for the long run". I mean, i would like to see every-ones vision by that time. one year won't make a much difference in my opinion. i just think 5 years is a nice stretch, to plan your goals and achieve success. I still see myself making videos by then, i find them enjoyable, especially with others. Just hopefully i can build and market myself properly.

In five years, I'll have finished my BA, but I think I'll still be in Ireland; I'd like to have a much steadier income from writing by then, so in the meantime it's a matter of building my portfolio and publishing more stuff. Where YouTube's concerned, I'd like to maybe have been publishing weekly or at least biweekly, so I hope to have a fairly large backlog and some more subscribers than now.

My ambitions for YouTube aren't as focused as they are for other things, so growth on YouTube isn't as crucial as in other areas, but it would be nice, you know?

Hopefully, living somewhere with friends, doing things i love :D like youtube or cooking! and having no struggle with money

Back