When you know you won’t make it

I think we've all gotten some pretty nasty comments over the years. I've been told my Martial Arts is "garbage, sloppy, ineffective," and that my jokes aren't funny and etc. The list goes on. But I do it just for the fun of creating videos and also with the goal to get better every week. My numbers aren't great either but if you do it cause you love it then I believe that's more important then only doing it for the money. It just takes a lot of time for a lot of the hard work to be recognized.

Don't give up and just continue having fun. To me you already have the right idea on what to do. =]

I think we've all gotten some pretty nasty comments over the years. I've been told my Martial Arts is "garbage, sloppy, ineffective," and that my jokes aren't funny and etc. The list goes on. But I do it just for the fun of creating videos and also with the goal to get better every week. My numbers aren't great either but if you do it cause you love it then I believe that's more important then only doing it for the money. It just takes a lot of time for a lot of the hard work to be recognized.

Don't give up and just continue having fun. To me you already have the right idea on what to do. =]
I get postvive comments from viewsers amd subscribers, but when smaller channels come to my channel then That’s negative comments come In place like one guy said not fair you have that many in 2 years when I’ve been for 9 years and got 5 subscribers you don’t deserve them.

I get postvive comments from viewsers amd subscribers, but when smaller channels come to my channel then That’s negative comments come In place like one guy said not fair you have that many in 2 years when I’ve been for 9 years and got 5 subscribers you don’t deserve them.

I tend to call those people 'cyber bullys.' They only want to make you feel bad so they can feel better. I wouldn't let them get to you. To me you're doing really good for just 2 years. =] Plus you love doing it. So don't stop. You have talent and potential.

I was Happy until I started getting other smaller YouTubers going to my channel being mean and telling me I should give up doing YouTube because I won’t make it and saying my views are terrible.

Keep it up and ignore the trolls, we all get trolls that are mean and I know it is hard but just keep doing what you love and ignore the haters. A lot t of the big YouTube’s talk about when they started, they would get a lot of haters and thought about Quitting but then stuck it out. Keep up your great work and enjoy going so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put in hour hours of editing my videos and thumbnails and trying to find the right seo and descriptions for videos, but I already know my channel isn’t going to make it. I make videos because I want to, not because I want money or fame and I have other small channels pointing out I’m not going make it you don’t get enough views I already know that again I will repeat I make videos for the fun of it. I will have subscribers tell me they see me making it as bigger channel one day I simply say thank you that’s nice of but i won’t and that’s okay yet they will insist I will, I’m not really sure what they see In me but okay I gues whatever.

I've learned YouTube for me is about enjoying the process. I wouldn't have been able to say that with confidence in the past. Like anyone, I got swept up in the excitement growth brings when it happened, but overtime I found it more and more difficult to find motivation from that aspect of YouTube.

I eventually dropped it for a few years until the urge to create for creation sake hit me. Only now can I honestly say it's not about making it. I won't ever "make it" in that sense because as soon as it becomes anything like work, I'll move on.

It's liberating knowing that I don't have to put up numbers to "make it" in my own way. The freedom to choose the content I want to make vs pandering is one I haven't had since early on YouTubing, so I'm glad I know I won't make it.

I've learned YouTube for me is about enjoying the process. I wouldn't have been able to say that with confidence in the past. Like anyone, I got swept up in the excitement growth brings when it happened, but overtime I found it more and more difficult to find motivation from that aspect of YouTube.

I eventually dropped it for a few years until the urge to create for creation sake hit me. Only now can I honestly say it's not about making it. I won't ever "make it" in that sense because as soon as it becomes anything like work, I'll move on.

It's liberating knowing that I don't have to put up numbers to "make it" in my own way. The freedom to choose the content I want to make vs pandering is one I haven't had since early on YouTubing, so I'm glad I know I won't make it.
You almost have 50k, that’s awesome[DOUBLEPOST=1522180521,1522180490][/DOUBLEPOST]
You almost have 50k, that’s awesome I would say you made it!/QUOTE]

That realization came for me about 1.5 years ago. That is when I quit giving a damn and stopped pushing out weekly content. Now I produce when I want to produce. Treating it as a hobby has been the best decision ever. And that is what YouTube is supposed to be. A hobby, till it isn't a hobby anymore. That is the point you quit because you no longer have fun, or, more unlikely, it turns into an actual job.

Back