When you know you won’t make it

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
There's no 'normal' in the number of views you can expect from any given number of subscribers. And you still get more views more consistently than most people in your situation.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was Happy until I started getting other smaller YouTubers going to my channel being mean and telling me I should give up doing YouTube because I won’t make it and saying my views are terrible.
F*ckem. Just do you.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you, but that’s hard to believe because the views are just not there
It's not only about the views. Even if the views are not there now, it doesn't automatically mean they will not come.
I was Happy until I started getting other smaller YouTubers going to my channel being mean and telling me I should give up doing YouTube because I won’t make it and saying my views are terrible.
If you are annoyed by these few people now, you wouldn't be able to make it when you are big. When my channel was smaller I received some negativity here and there and I ignored it and kept going on. Now when I have 30 times more views per day, I get negative and insulting comments daily. Nowadays, I am slammed and insulted several times per day on my videos, including but not limited to my English accent (I am not a native English speaker), my hairy hands, my boots, the clothing, my filming or everything other imaginable and even unimaginable (the Internet is really good at inventing new kinds of insults, trust me). But as long as for each negative comment and dislike, I receive 10x-12x more positive comments and likes. I am happy and I keep going, while improving thanks to the negative comments - i.e. sometimes not speaking in the video at all, shaking the camera less (if possible), editing out the blurry parts of the video etc.

MarcNL

Reaction score
Courtney, I checked out your channel a while ago but your subs are nothing to be shamed of. Hell, you dwarf my subs :) And as for the negative comments, just like many said here, probably haters. It's maybe easier for me to say since I didn't have any negative comments YET and my attitude towards that is f*ck it, but a few haters should not put a damper on how you feel. I think we can all agree you're doing pretty good!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
If you don’t think you’ll succeed then you won’t. All I can say is videos take off for no reason all the time no one know why and so I’d say you can’t see the writing on the wall and things only end when you end them.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice post:up2: First of all you shouldnt give a F.... what other people think/write about you or your channel/videos. Screw them. You are doing it because you like it and think it´s fun and that is the way it should be. Noone knows where your channel is in a year from now (in subscribers) and again it doesnt matter cause you enjoy making videos:):up2:

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not only about the views. Even if the views are not there now, it doesn't automatically mean they will not come.

If you are annoyed by these few people now, you wouldn't be able to make it when you are big. When my channel was smaller I received some negativity here and there and I ignored it and kept going on. Now when I have 30 times more views per day, I get negative and insulting comments daily. Nowadays, I am slammed and insulted several times per day on my videos, including but not limited to my English accent (I am not a native English speaker), my hairy hands, my boots, the clothing, my filming or everything other imaginable and even unimaginable (the Internet is really good at inventing new kinds of insults, trust me). But as long as for each negative comment and dislike, I receive 10x-12x more positive comments and likes. I am happy and I keep going, while improving thanks to the negative comments - i.e. sometimes not speaking in the video at all, shaking the camera less (if possible), editing out the blurry parts of the video etc.
actually when I was in school I dealt with a lot like people spiting in my food and face throwing my books on the ground telling me I’m not worth living that i should end it all, my family didn’t know I didn’t tell them I went to the same school every day and dealt with people harassing me stalking me and teachers bullying me

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
"when you know you won't make it"

...depending what was the original goal.....

I enjoy visiting the mall in the other side of the city.
but in needs gas and money to spend there and I am sad I cannot do it.

everytime I go to the grocery shop I never make it to the mall in the other side of the city.
But I got my goal, I buy groceries.
I never think that once again I didn't mae it to the mall.
So I am happy!

Well, my English are not that good but I guess you got the point.
:)

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
actually when I was in school I dealt with a lot like people spiting in my food and face throwing my books on the ground telling me I’m not worth living that i should end it all, my family didn’t know I didn’t tell them I went to the same school every day and dealt with people harassing me stalking me and teachers bullying me
I'm really sorry you went through this. It sounds kind of like what I went through in junior high but worse. I think bullying has gotten more sadistic since I was a kid. I think the ease of being cruel on the internet permeates into people's real lives without them even realizing it. You seem to have a good attitude about it given the circumstances. Maybe you won't "make it" but does that even matter? I figure, we could all die tomorrow so just do what makes you happy.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Courtney, from what I can see, you're getting subscribers daily, and occasionally you get a two digit number. :) Just keep up the good work. Yeah, I agree with everyone who's said that those negative comments are just jealous of your rising stardom. Just keep at it, if for no other reason, because you're having fun making them (and it shows). Success will come (I'd say it already did - it just takes a bit more time for it to actually show).
Thanks!