When should I ask to subscribe?

We always wait until the end. Maybe we could get more if we put it up front, but I know it annoys me when people just come right out of the gate asking for that sub. I feel like they should have to earn the sub, you know?

I did ask in the beginning of my videos but later on started to only ask viewers to subscribe at the end of all my videos. I personally get irritated when YouTubers ask for likes and subscribers in the beginning of a video so I won't do the same thing. It always feels like they are only in it for the subscribers and views.

I tend to do it at the end of the video mainly cus I rather see people watching my videos all the way through then actually ask them straight away.

I am curious on how to set up this watermark?

I, like most of the other cool dudes commenting on this post, ask at the end of my videos and live streams as well. I usually say if they like the video they just watched then it would be sweet if they'd subscribe, comment, and like.

.....and I would also like to know how you go about setting up the cool watermark too. If you do VLOGs you can have fun and point to it when you talk about subscribing. :).

Also, YouTube needs a way to auto subscribe people who view your videos. Lol! That'd be pretty freakin' sweet 'cause I need all the help I can get. :).

I don't currently ask them to Subscribe...and I honestly don't know if I ever will! I just feel skeezy asking them to do that? If my content is good enough the subs should follow :3

I, like most of the other cool dudes commenting on this post, ask at the end of my videos and live streams as well. I usually say if they like the video they just watched then it would be sweet if they'd subscribe, comment, and like.

.....and I would also like to know how you go about setting up the cool watermark too. If you do VLOGs you can have fun and point to it when you talk about subscribing. :).

Also, YouTube needs a way to auto subscribe people who view your videos. Lol! That'd be pretty freakin' sweet 'cause I need all the help I can get. :).

Damn, I guess I'm the only uncool dude here hahahaha. Anyway, I copied Sean from Think Media TV, if it works for him, it works for me.

I don't currently ask them to Subscribe...and I honestly don't know if I ever will! I just feel skeezy asking them to do that? If my content is good enough the subs should follow :3

It's a call to action. Don't feel bad about doing it. It's just reminding or suggesting people. Some people may like your content but just forgot to subscribe.

Damn, I guess I'm the only uncool dude here hahahaha. Anyway, I copied Sean from Think Media TV, if it works for him, it works for me.

Lol. You left great advise for me in another post so you're cool too man. :).

I've just never thought about asking for subs at the first of a video before. If it works then that's awesome!

Maybe I need to try it too.

Nowhere. It doesn't help a lick and makes you sound like a beggar. Please subscribe, please hit the like button. Big YouTubers can get away with it, but for smaller YouTubers it just comes over as begging and will more than likely put people off. I have it in my description, but never in my videos.

Back