When should I ask to subscribe?

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We always wait until the end. Maybe we could get more if we put it up front, but I know it annoys me when people just come right out of the gate asking for that sub. I feel like they should have to earn the sub, you know?

Sootiro

Reaction score
You're giving too much credit to people though. Lots of people love watching videos and never subscribe. Telling them reminds them / puts it in their thoughts.
I already have a subscribe button visible on the bottom right hand corner of the video .

Masters of Kung Food

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I already have a subscribe button visible on the bottom right hand corner of the video .
Yeah, the watermark. But how many people actually know that it's a subscribe button though? Plus it doesn't work in Mobile (in my phone, at least).

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did ask in the beginning of my videos but later on started to only ask viewers to subscribe at the end of all my videos. I personally get irritated when YouTubers ask for likes and subscribers in the beginning of a video so I won't do the same thing. It always feels like they are only in it for the subscribers and views.

DonHazeon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I tend to do it at the end of the video mainly cus I rather see people watching my videos all the way through then actually ask them straight away.

I am curious on how to set up this watermark?

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I, like most of the other cool dudes commenting on this post, ask at the end of my videos and live streams as well. I usually say if they like the video they just watched then it would be sweet if they'd subscribe, comment, and like.

.....and I would also like to know how you go about setting up the cool watermark too. If you do VLOGs you can have fun and point to it when you talk about subscribing. :).

Also, YouTube needs a way to auto subscribe people who view your videos. Lol! That'd be pretty freakin' sweet 'cause I need all the help I can get. :).

Kaytonix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't currently ask them to Subscribe...and I honestly don't know if I ever will! I just feel skeezy asking them to do that? If my content is good enough the subs should follow :3

Masters of Kung Food

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I, like most of the other cool dudes commenting on this post, ask at the end of my videos and live streams as well. I usually say if they like the video they just watched then it would be sweet if they'd subscribe, comment, and like.

.....and I would also like to know how you go about setting up the cool watermark too. If you do VLOGs you can have fun and point to it when you talk about subscribing. :).

Also, YouTube needs a way to auto subscribe people who view your videos. Lol! That'd be pretty freakin' sweet 'cause I need all the help I can get. :).
Damn, I guess I'm the only uncool dude here hahahaha. Anyway, I copied Sean from Think Media TV, if it works for him, it works for me.

I don't currently ask them to Subscribe...and I honestly don't know if I ever will! I just feel skeezy asking them to do that? If my content is good enough the subs should follow :3
It's a call to action. Don't feel bad about doing it. It's just reminding or suggesting people. Some people may like your content but just forgot to subscribe.

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Damn, I guess I'm the only uncool dude here hahahaha. Anyway, I copied Sean from Think Media TV, if it works for him, it works for me.
Lol. You left great advise for me in another post so you're cool too man. :).

I've just never thought about asking for subs at the first of a video before. If it works then that's awesome!

Maybe I need to try it too.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nowhere. It doesn't help a lick and makes you sound like a beggar. Please subscribe, please hit the like button. Big YouTubers can get away with it, but for smaller YouTubers it just comes over as begging and will more than likely put people off. I have it in my description, but never in my videos.