When should I ask to subscribe?

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Should I ask to subscribe at the beginning of the video, or the end? The beginning might work better, but I might look unprofessional. So when should I ask?

In my personal opinion, the end. Asking people to subscribe (or like) at the beginning of a video is a bit obnoxious and appears manipulative. Because you're telling your audience to do something with your video before they've even formed their own opinion on it. Granted, you might get more subscribers because not all people stick around until the end.. But it's simultaneously going to tick a lot of people off.

Reactions: TN7
I know it can seem like the beginning works better, but in reality I think a lot of people will click away from a video that asks them to like/sub at the beginning. If people watch your video until the end, you also know that they enjoyed the video and they will be more inclined to subscribe if they like your content, than if they haven't seen anything yet.

In all honestly, I click off videos that ask me to like and subscribe at the beginning. It's incredibly annoying to me because I haven't even seen anything from the video yet and they already want me to subscribe...sounds like all they care about are subscribers to me. Ask at the end, its kinda goes with the flow then imo!

At the end will be better, you will need to show the value of your video first before asking ppl for that like / subscribe button.

I prefer doing it In the the end of video but it's really up to you! I noticed of YouTubers latley have been asking their subscribers to subscribe in the beginning and I'm sure if that's more effective or not

I think it's good to ask at the end of the video. Because at that time , users can directly decide they like or not..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If You can, check out My Channel & Subscribe. :) :up2:

I always ask at the end of the video. I don't know which is more effective, but personally I'd rather have people subscribe after watching one of my videos and deciding whether or not they like my content.

I'd imagine that not many people would sub without seeing the video first, but the way I see it if this is my mindset then I shouldn't expect other people to do the opposite of it.

but in reality I think a lot of people will click away from a video that asks them to like/sub at the beginning.
This really is an interesting topic.. I dont agree that a lot of people wil click away from a video just because you ask for like/sub in the beginning. I think it depends on the way you ask for a like/sub. (I have talked about this in another thread) but in my resent videos I ask for like/sub in the beginning but I try to do it with humor:) This have had a GREAT effect no doubt it get my viewers to smash that like button:thumbsup2:

I do it at after our intro AND at the end of my videos. I see a lot of Youtubers already doing this so I think it's probably normal at this point. Plus it only takes a couple of seconds so I don't think it's gonna p**s a lot of people off.

Back