When did you notice your channel started to grow?

You can be making good videos for years, but if you don't understand SEO, you might never grow. 2 big things I immediately noticed after checking a few of your videos are that you're not tagging your videos and using the descriptions optimally. All your tags seem to be single words, like "at," "in," "part," "three," "twitter." You need to have mostly compound tags of 2-6 words like "how to win in skyblock." You should also include "chase and friends" or perhaps "chaseandfriends" in all your videos because that's your channel name. Also, your descriptions is not the place to write things like, "So me and my friend, The Od Assassin play Skyblock like it’s never been done before." It's a place to describe your videos using as much of the tags that you hopefully researched. Youtube uses your descriptions so people can find your videos.
This is some great advice! I actually give a little synopsis of the game I am playing in my descriptions so when people look up stuff like 'adventure' 'survival' whatever I have a chance of popping up for others. So definitely start doing something like that Chase it is a sneaky way of flooding your description with tags while still making it look professional

You can be making good videos for years, but if you don't understand SEO, you might never grow. 2 big things I immediately noticed after checking a few of your videos are that you're not tagging your videos and using the descriptions optimally. All your tags seem to be single words, like "at," "in," "part," "three," "twitter." You need to have mostly compound tags of 2-6 words like "how to win in skyblock." You should also include "chase and friends" or perhaps "chaseandfriends" in all your videos because that's your channel name. Also, your descriptions is not the place to write things like, "So me and my friend, The Od Assassin play Skyblock like it’s never been done before." It's a place to describe your videos using as much of the tags that you hopefully researched. Youtube uses your descriptions so people can find your videos.
That's really good advice! But I don't understand the tags part. If your tags are one word, or two words, why does it matter? If you have the same words, just in individual tags will the videos not show up? And for descriptions, I thought you're kind of just trying to advertise your video in the first two lines, and then explain more of what your video is about with the rest?[DOUBLEPOST=1467284130,1467284094][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is some great advice! I actually give a little synopsis of the game I am playing in my descriptions so when people look up stuff like 'adventure' 'survival' whatever I have a chance of popping up for others. So definitely start doing something like that Chase it is a sneaky way of flooding your description with tags while still making it look professional
You sir, are a genius :)

My channel grew from the second video. The first one I ever did was more a test to figure out video editing and YouTube system. Only friends and feedbackers watched it. There were no decent tags and became unsearchable. This was when I was planning the second video, I knew I had to put it where people could find it without me telling them. It's the only way to have a channel work on its own. Otherwise everytime you make a video, if you tell 20 people to watch it you'll only get 20 views.

So I got too it. I found a topic that was being searched but not very crowded. I watched those videos and made notes about what they did wrong. Like audio quality, cg, and lighting. I then set out to make the best video about this topic. It had to be better than the others as much as I could make it. Otherwise there's no point. They'll watch someone else. So after making the video I looked into SEO to ensure it was searchable. And so that first video got under 20 views in the first few days but the second video got 400. From then the focus fully changed to making sure I could rank in some search in some way and so I sought out low search terms and made videos about them. I filled up the title tag and description with relevant text as much as is allowed and back link each video. All of these help your videos show up more often. I'm up to about 50 views a day on these older videos without any promoting at all. And getting bigger will increase that number too.

I also refused to sub anyone right away too because too many subbed channels looks like you sub4sub and looks less professional. I sub no famous channels because it makes you look like a wannabe. It also makes others more open the bigger channels will be to talking to you. At least I've found.

If you want a better idea of what I'm talking about you can check out my channel especially the descriptions to see how I did it.

I really didn't start to get improved engagement until I made an upload schedule. After I got into a routine for a couple of months people started to come in.

... I feel like I have pretty good content and everything, but unless I promote absolutely every video on every social media in existence, I only get 4 or 5 views. And those views are probably accidental clicks too! ...
Considering you have 116 subscribers, that could be a problem. You might not be releasing the videos at the right time. If you use the TubeBuddy extension for Chrome it will tell you when the ideal time to release a video is.

it depends if you go viral which is 50/50 chance that might happen ...
You have a 50% chance of a video going viral?! lol, where did you hear that one at! :bounce:

If I got daily subscribers at a steady pace I would consider that a successful channel.

I would like to start off by saying that I DO NOT DO YOUTUBE FOR FAME! I don't do YouTube so no one will watch either though...lol. I didn't come to complain though!!! I've been doing YouTube for four and a half months now and really enjoy it! I feel like I have pretty good content and everything, but unless I promote absolutely every video on every social media in existence, I only get 4 or 5 views. And those views are probably accidental clicks too! So I was just wondering, how long did it take for your channel to finally take off? How many months(or years) were you making videos for a small or no community? I just want to have some sort of an idea of when I MAY get several regular viewers. Thank you in advance :D

A year ago a simple video I made kinda mini blew up and it got me al motivated to make more video's! So I did and it took of from there!

Back