What I Learned While Gaining My First 1,000 Subs

UAP

I've Got It
Reaction score
GG 1000 subs is a big number, well done! Another thing that helps is that you use a face-cam, i think this makes it more interesting and is something we are going to start to incorporate into our videos

EverybodyLovesToby

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congrats on 1k subs! On my other channel, MarioMario1000000, I had like 40 subs at the beginning of this year, but now, I have almost 300! :) I think i got that much subs is because I'm part of a collab channel :)

AmbossTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Comedian
Congrats!
Staying patient should really be important. I kind of rebooted my channel a month ago am at 33 subs now and gained 9 in the last 30 days. It's better than nothing but I really don't want to "boost" this number by spamming sub 4 sub request or something like that. I want the people to be genuinely interested in the content on the channel. Although I believe a higher sub number makes people click that subscribe button easier (but low views compared to the sub number might cause the opposite)

CallumFR

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Commentator
Firstly, congratulations on 1000 subs!

Secondly, what a great post! And you have proof in your videos and statistics to support all the points you made, which is always a boost because it shows what actually works. :)

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Jaguar550

Not without Vakarian!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
GG 1000 subs is a big number, well done! Another thing that helps is that you use a face-cam, i think this makes it more interesting and is something we are going to start to incorporate into our videos
Personally i dislike face-cams. Although it is fine i think if you play a horror game. If i see face cams in new games i will mostly immediately leave the video.

Also to the OP congrats on 1k subs!

Reactions: laurenzside

Mauricio

I cook for a living and ill cook you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
Great points and awesome job getting a 1000 subs. I just joined empire avenue but i dont know how to use it lol

laurenzside

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All of the male subscribers of girl gaming channels leave the same kind of feedback, I guess that's why they get criticized so much and people assume the girls only want attention.
Interesting enough, my current demographics are 51% male & 49% female. Because of this, I haven't really gotten any sexualized comments yet. Every now and then I get a "you're hot" or "you're cute" but I'm okay with that. It's when girls start getting the "show your boobs" or "fap time" comments where I'd get creeped out. Every YouTuber attracts a certain kind of subscriber. Certain girls attract mainly guys who only watch them for their looks and thus have comments that show that. Others attract both guys and girls and get comments that show that. My goal was always to appeal to both genders with my channel, maybe even girls more then guys. I want to show girls that it's okay to act weird and dorky, and that it's okay to like things that may seem "nerdy". It's tough being a girl on YouTube because people will always blame your gender or your looks for doing well over anything else. Like I mentioned, I'm sure my looks or gender played a role in gaining subs, but I guarantee my content & personality are the only things that will keep people around/keep people coming.

/end rant haha

laurenzside

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally i dislike face-cams. Although it is fine i think if you play a horror game. If i see face cams in new games i will mostly immediately leave the video.

Also to the OP congrats on 1k subs!
I can understand that logic. Think everyone is different. Me personally, I tend to watch people more who have facecam over people who don't. I feel more connected to the person I'm watching and can better see their personality come through. It also sets you apart from a lot of other let's players because the majority don't use facecam. HOWEVER, if someone is doing a playthrough of a new game or something, I agree with you that I wouldn't use facecam as people are most likely watching for the game itself more then the person playing it.

AmbossTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Comedian
I can understand that logic. Think everyone is different. Me personally, I tend to watch people more who have facecam over people who don't. I feel more connected to the person I'm watching and can better see their personality come through. It also sets you apart from a lot of other let's players because the majority don't use facecam. HOWEVER, if someone is doing a playthrough of a new game or something, I agree with you that I wouldn't use facecam as people are most likely watching for the game itself more then the person playing it.
I agree with you there. Some people like face cams and some don't. But it also depends on the creator of the videos. If you use a face cam it should "add content". There is no point in using a face cam when you got an amazing voice but facial expressions of Steven Seagal. For example in PewDiePie's case the cam certainly adds something to the videos. But when people want to watch a gaming video because they want to learn more about the game (and not watch it because of the person making the video) then a cam might just be disruptive or annoying.