WARNING: Channels Recently Terminated

What in the flying f**k. Is there any way we can get THEM taking down?
Pssh, I wish. The only violation that I think they might be doing is 4-H of the ToS, where "you agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the YouTube servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. " But of course, there isn't a way of proving this. They can just argue that they have a bunch of people spending their entire day flagging videos for no pay. Whatever they're doing, no matter how they're doing it, they're taking it way too seriously.

Besides, I doubt YouTube will get rid of Spam404, because they actually do (sometimes) take down channels who actually deserve to be taken down, like abusive accounts, scam accounts, impersonation accounts, etc.

Their takedown page says they've taken down 80 videos/channels for 'Incentivisation of Video Features," though it links to the policy page on giveaways on YouTube, so maybe it's just for requiring likes for entries in a giveaway that's against policy. But a I said earlier, It's best to play it safe.
Yeah that falls under what Tarmack said, the incentive applies to something outside of YouTube, in this case PSN. So they're offering invites to something as incentive to click the like button. This isn't the same as saying "like my video x times and I'll release the next." Spam404 are both a blessing and a curse at the same time. lol

HOLY SH** SPAM404 ARE BACK!!! *SWEATING LIKE HECK LOOKING THROUGH OLD VIDEOS FOR TAGS LOL* seriously, sorry for the caps but, i thought spam404 were a thing of the past, and that they were thwarted with their "excessive tags" thing as all they've ever managed to take down recently was sex scenes and survey scams lol

I'm confused. I looked up spam404 videos last night and saw several including people complaining about their vids being taken down and even anon saying they're gonna take em out.... and they're all 6-8 months old. So.... what's the story?

PRO TIP:
If you get 2 strikes from this & can't fix any other videos as you're locked out (At this point you are fearing the termination of your channel) The way to get into your videos to edit them which has to be done individually, is to use the YouTube Creators App. it allowed me to clean up almost 300 videos to avoid termination from a 3rd strike. I've now learned the Spam404 + YouTube's ToS aren't something to play around with.

Hope i helped you guys.

Does this count for in-video requests? Like... at the end of my videos, I always say "If you enjoyed this video, give it a thumbs up" and "If you like my face, subscribe" or some variant thereof... I see EVERYONE doing it -- almost literally everyone... So unless they're taking down more than half of youtube...

Does this count for in-video requests? Like... at the end of my videos, I always say "If you enjoyed this video, give it a thumbs up" and "If you like my face, subscribe" or some variant thereof... I see EVERYONE doing it -- almost literally everyone... So unless they're taking down more than half of youtube...

Yeah it doesn't matter what everyone else is doing, they still come after you lol (at least if someone reports you). Just saying "IF you liked the video" is fine but something like "like the video FOR...." is not okay

Yeah it doesn't matter what everyone else is doing, they still come after you lol (at least if someone reports you). Just saying "IF you liked the video" is fine but something like "like the video FOR...." is not okay
Right, but what if there's no reward or incentive... if you just as "if you liked the video, be sure to give it a thumbs up"
Or the other fun one (like Alexis Zall does) "let's try to get this video to blah blah likes because that would be awesome" no other incentive or reward or anything
I'm basically just trying to cover my own a**...

No. That's perfectly within the rules.
Right, but what if there's no reward or incentive... if you just as "if you liked the video, be sure to give it a thumbs up"
Or the other fun one (like Alexis Zall does) "let's try to get this video to blah blah likes because that would be awesome" no other incentive or reward or anything
I'm basically just trying to cover my own a**...

That's okay, the only problem is when YouTubers are requesting a certain number of likes ect before they will upload another video.

Back