Video Editing Computers.

I love to use MAC. It's pretty simple and cool. I also use PC sometimes. But for me, if you want to use PC, be sure that it has a very good graphics card good for any video editing software you want to install.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.o GHz
Motherboard: unsure
RAM: 4GB Kingston DDR2
Graphics Card: AMD sapphire Radeon R7 250 w/ 4GB DDR3 RAM
Power supply: unknown

Upgrading my CPU soon. I use Fraps to record and edit with Pinnacle Studio 17.5 Ultimate. Not the best PC but it gets the job done.

Desktop:
Case: Cooler Master HAF X Big Tower
CPU: Intel i7.970 Hexa-Core 3,2ghz - Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler
MoBo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme
RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHZ
GPU: Gainward GTX 580 "Phantom" 3GB vRAM
SSD's: Corsair Force Series 60GB (OS-SSD), Crucial M4 128 GB
HDD's: 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM

Laptop:
ASUS G55VW
CPU: Intel i7 3610QM 2.3 GHZ (3,3GHZ Turbo), 4-core
GPU: nVidia GTX 660M 2GB vRam
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
HDD: 500GB 7200 RPM

Other Equipment:
Elgato Game Capture
Playstation 3
xBox 360
Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
Logitech G510 Keyboard
Logitech G602 Mouse
Logitech G35 Headset
Samson G Track Microphone
König&Meyer pop-filter
1 TB External HDD

Gaming/Editing PC
CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero
RAM: 8GB G Skill Ripjaws
Graphics Card: Still acquiring it ( MSi R9 280x or MSi GTX 770)
Power Supply: Corsair HX750 (Still being acquired)
Any Other comments: As you can see, I still need to buy three more parts before I start building the PC. If you guys have any tips for me, that would be appreciated as this is my first PC build.

Wow alot of you guys have some Hardcore setups just for a render farm, I just hooked up an old office PC and render my 4 minute videos in 1080p in like 20 minutes, It doesn't hurt me because I only upload once a week, I don't think I'd ever cough up a pretty penny like that just for a render farm, even If I was big I would spend money on a new 4k Camera rather than a render farm.
I wouldn't call mine a render farm, but when I do all my colour correction on videos using MBL's the render time can become VERY high.. my last computer took over 6 hours to render a 5-6 minute short film because of all the colour correction and quality of the video. My new machine can render the same thing in around 15-25 minutes, and I can still play games in the highest quality settings without performance issues.
The old PC you had to leave it alone for 6 hours otherwise it would freeze up and cancel the render, so being able to render a video, while correcting images, listening to music, talking on skype and browsing the internet at the same time is like a life saver!

I have an Alienware m14x R2 laptop
(sorry for formatting this my way)

Hard Drive: 750 GB
RAM: 8 GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3630 2.40 GHz

I would NOT recommend an Alienware laptop. I take care of this laptop like a baby, and after having it for only one year, I can't play any video games unless they are on minimum settings, and my laptop MUST be plugged in, in order for it to work, I am really upset that this is what I got for $1,500.

I have an Alienware m14x R2 laptop
(sorry for formatting this my way)

Hard Drive: 750 GB
RAM: 8 GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3630 2.40 GHz

I would NOT recommend an Alienware laptop. I take care of this laptop like a baby, and after having it for only one year, I can't play any video games unless they are on minimum settings, and my laptop MUST be plugged in, in order for it to work, I am really upset that this is what I got for $1,500.

Dude, how do you expect feed your GPU with enough amp/volts without external power cord? All gaming laptops when using dedicated g.card MUST be plugged in! Btw. You have 14"-cher which is one of the lowest performing alienwares... Why people buy laptop for gaming? You would probably be 2x better for 2x less with PC...

Dude, how do you expect feed your GPU with enough amp/volts without external power cord? All gaming laptops when using dedicated g.card MUST be plugged in! Btw. You have 14"-cher which is one of the lowest performing alienwares... Why people buy laptop for gaming? You would probably be 2x better for 2x less with PC...
I had this laptop for over a year, the 14x was the second best option back then, and I wasn't interested in paying a $1,700 base price, because I expected $1,200 for a laptop to provide good performance. Also, when I said I "MUST" keep the laptop plugged in, I meant it wont even turn on if it isn't plugged in. That can't be right.

I had this laptop for over a year, the 14x was the second best option back then, and I wasn't interested in paying a $1,700 base price, because I expected $1,200 for a laptop to provide good performance. Also, when I said I "MUST" keep the laptop plugged in, I meant it wont even turn on if it isn't plugged in. That can't be right.

If you buy Alienware, you pay 30-50% of price just for Alienware badge. You can find equal performing laptops for much less, from other less known brands. If you want to play hardcore there are 2 options only - consoles or pc. You should know also(and other reading this topic) that example i7 processor in laptop is compareable in performance to i3 desktop. See my point? Gaming on laptop is luxury sport... :)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 970 DS3
RAM: 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7850
Power Supply: Antec VP 450

Built it about a year ago and w/ monitor and OS cost me about 9 large.

I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12, Audacity, and Fraps to make my vids, and this computer can handle rendering, gaming, and recording fabulously :)

Back