To script or not to script?

So far I've just bene going with the flow which currently makes my videos run a little long because I don't know how to shut up lol. Maybe I need bullet points or a script.

So far I've just bene going with the flow which currently makes my videos run a little long because I don't know how to shut up lol. Maybe I need bullet points or a script.

Yup that's what I'm thinking I'll do is just start rambling on so I'm going to do bullet points most likely.

I think there is positives and negatives to both sides and it is completely dependant on personal preference. My personal preference is dot points. I find that I am a much better talker when I have a bit of flexibility with what I'm talking about. Having no script generally increases that chance of me using uh, um etc.. Using a full script often causes me to spend ages recording because the moment I stuff something up, it throws me off and I need to start again.

It really depends on the type of video you're making, but I think scripted or at least having a rough outline of what you want to say is usually best.

The few vlogs that I watch I dont think are scripted. I think I could tell and it would turn me away. I like the free flow of them.
I also like it when they mess up / leave it in / move on. It makes them human and it makes me laugh.
By all means bullet point items you wish to discuss but let it come naturally.
Erm/Ahh etc does get annoying - There are YouTube videos out there that can help you with that as I have watched them and made my videos better.

I have heard lots of ppl script there material b4 making a video and uploading but unless you can make it sound authentic instead of like a robot scripts aren't for everyone.

I have heard lots of ppl script there material b4 making a video and uploading but unless you can make it sound authentic instead of like a robot scripts aren't for everyone.

Thanks bro! I've decided on doing bullet points and just do a practice run prior to recording to make sure I do not do any ums or ahs lol

If you're super nervous (I was) but don't want to do a full script I would just jot down some points and talk to the camera as if it weren't recording! Good luck!

Back