Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

To script or not to script?

Discussion in 'Scripts, Script Writing, Video Ideas & Planning' started by Cmullinax93, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Cmullinax93
    Colby Wan-Kenobi
    Cash:
    $74
    Thnx everyone for the help :)

2. wilandnico
    Cash:
    $20
    So far I've just bene going with the flow which currently makes my videos run a little long because I don't know how to shut up lol. Maybe I need bullet points or a script.

Cmullinax93 likes this.
  3. Cmullinax93
    Colby Wan-Kenobi
    Cash:
    $74
    Yup that's what I'm thinking I'll do is just start rambling on so I'm going to do bullet points most likely.

4. LachlanR
    Cash:
    $12
    I think there is positives and negatives to both sides and it is completely dependant on personal preference. My personal preference is dot points. I find that I am a much better talker when I have a bit of flexibility with what I'm talking about. Having no script generally increases that chance of me using uh, um etc.. Using a full script often causes me to spend ages recording because the moment I stuff something up, it throws me off and I need to start again.

Cmullinax93 likes this.
  5. Cmullinax93
    Colby Wan-Kenobi
    Cash:
    $74
    Thanks for that insight :)

LachlanR likes this.
  6. TylersMagic
    YTtalk Mad
    It really depends on the type of video you're making, but I think scripted or at least having a rough outline of what you want to say is usually best.

7. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $258
    The few vlogs that I watch I dont think are scripted. I think I could tell and it would turn me away. I like the free flow of them.
    I also like it when they mess up / leave it in / move on. It makes them human and it makes me laugh.
    By all means bullet point items you wish to discuss but let it come naturally.
    Erm/Ahh etc does get annoying - There are YouTube videos out there that can help you with that as I have watched them and made my videos better.

8. mr.jacks
    Cash:
    $61
    I have heard lots of ppl script there material b4 making a video and uploading but unless you can make it sound authentic instead of like a robot scripts aren't for everyone.

Cmullinax93 likes this.
  9. Cmullinax93
    Colby Wan-Kenobi
    Cash:
    $74
    Thanks bro! I've decided on doing bullet points and just do a practice run prior to recording to make sure I do not do any ums or ahs lol

mr.jacks likes this.
  10. Christie Levine
    Cash:
    $39
    If you're super nervous (I was) but don't want to do a full script I would just jot down some points and talk to the camera as if it weren't recording! Good luck!

Cmullinax93 likes this.