Gaming Thinking of Starting a Group

C

Caber

Hello, everyone, Spectral here. I was thinking about starting a group, kind of like The Creatures and The Bros Angels. Basically, a dedicated group of gamers who like to record as well, on different games. I really suck at solo commentaries, so this interests me quite a bit, and none of my friends like to play different games. Anyways, just wanted to know what everyone's opinions on this may be. Just tell me if you think this might be a good idea or not.

Groups are good, it means lots of collaborations and competitions between friends. The important word though is friends, cos if you're just a bunch of people that play games and you don't really get along then that'll impact you negatively. IRL friends are good to bring in if their style meshes well with the style you already have going but other friends will get annoyed when you tell them no (because they wouldn't mesh well) because this friend was allowed to join you but they aren't.

tl;dr - Pick your team carefully :p

Groups are good, it means lots of collaborations and competitions between friends. The important word though is friends, cos if you're just a bunch of people that play games and you don't really get along then that'll impact you negatively. IRL friends are good to bring in if their style meshes well with the style you already have going but other friends will get annoyed when you tell them no (because they wouldn't mesh well) because this friend was allowed to join you but they aren't.

I know, problem is, I know nobody who actually wants to do anything on this. So friends are kind of out of the question.

I know, problem is, I know nobody who actually wants to do anything on this. So friends are kind of out of the question.
Hmmm, well my brother actually found someone on this site and then roped me and one of his longterm internet friends into the mix as well. Can't say that it hasn't been working out xD

Hmmm, well my brother actually found someone on this site and then roped me and one of his longterm internet friends into the mix as well. Can't say that it hasn't been working out xD

Yeah, if anything, I'll try to meet people I know I could get along with. Problem is finding them.

Maybe I can because I made the same post a few days back and even made a form. one thing though. around how many people are you looking for in this group.?

Maybe I can because I made the same post a few days back and even made a form. one thing though. around how many people are you looking for in this group.?

Probably around 3 others, but I want people who have good quality that I can have fun with.

You want to group up with people that compliment your own content. Say you are a straight talking commentator then in no way will you benefit from someone who flails rape jokes and other vulgar things about. If you can record games with people who can easily bounce off your own style then you have a potential...thing!

I think we've been quite lucky with our lil group so far, dude. We mesh well. And I know exactly which friend you're referring to that wouldn't fit in ;D

To the OP: I'm not able to speak for Watson but I'd certainly be up for some sort of collaboration in the future with people, the only problem I have is I've got a list longer than my arm of smaller/new channels wanting to do a collab with me and so I've had to start telling people "get bigger, say about 50 subs, and talk to me then". I want to see people put at least some effort into growing their channel, this stems from a really bad experience with a Minecraft collab as the guy we were working with was terrible and didn't want to make friends, he just wanted to make his channel grow.
I take it as a compliment that I've had so many approaches, and it frustrates me to see so many threads like this go unanswered when the potential for a small group definitely exists within the YTT forums. Hell, I've even commented elsewhere about how more Minecrafters should hook up for an epic mega series.

So in summary I applaud your thread good sir, it's awesome to see someone finally stand up and say "dudes, come play with me!" If you get sufficient numbers and your group actually works as a long-term group then I think I'd definitely be interested in some sort of PVP series, ala Mindcrack's UHC. There's 5 of us not including RL friends and guests we regularly collab with. Hopefully that should be a little bit of an incentive to find a good group? :)

Back