The ultimate Reddit guide.

Reddits interface is really confusing, can you give any tips on how to get your head around it? Could you simplify it in a sentence or two?

I think its worth mentioning reddiquette here too, as if you are too prolific with posting your own content then the bots will consider your account a spam account and freeze your content.

If you are a new reddit user, go read the FAQ and Reddiquette posts, to give you an idea behind how the site works. The premise though, (TLTR) is that for and single self-promoting post, you should post 9 other comments or link to content that is not your own (1/10 ratio)

The idea behind reddit is that its a community, and in effect, the values there are pretty much translatable as those here. So, keep content relevant, get involved in the community, and don't spam content to multiple subs and risk being bot banned. If in doubt, pm the subreddit mods and ask what is considered acceptable as per each sub.

Which leads me on to ask, those of you who use reddit as a platform for exposure, how do you get around the reddiquette and still effectively promote yourselves? Personally, I reply to interesting posts and try not to spam (although, pretty easy atm as I only have one video so far...)

I think early in a YouTube career it's reasonable to ask for feedback on a subreddit. If you keep coming back, people start getting grouchy. Sometimes that community is just itching for a fight, so be very humble and gracious if you want to survive.

-crackes knuckles- Alright, guess I'm finally going to have to hop on reddit.

I've been so afraid of it for so long.... -whimpers-

Back