The ultimate Reddit guide.

William Kautz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
This is a very interesting guide! I have been meaning to try Reddit out for a couple months now as it was recommended by someone as a good place to get videos seen but until reading this it was like dumping water into the ocean to me. Thanks!
Overall using Reddit is still like dropping water into the ocean. I mean yes with this you have an plan of attack now but still it's a lot of luck to get something off the ground. It's common to think that it was skill that these YouTubers got big but most of the time it was just being at the right place at the right time. Remember never underestimate the idea of trying to capture lightning in a bottle it's really hard. No post from a big YouTuber will get you there.

Molitor

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Overall using Reddit is still like dropping water into the ocean. I mean yes with this you have an plan of attack now but still it's a lot of luck to get something off the ground. It's common to think that it was skill that these YouTubers got big but most of the time it was just being at the right place at the right time. Remember never underestimate the idea of trying to capture lightning in a bottle it's really hard. No post from a big YouTuber will get you there.
Yes, I kind of imagined that would be the case in such a large space. But this is definitely a great place to start, especially using different threads.

William Kautz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yes, I kind of imagined that would be the case in such a large space. But this is definitely a great place to start, especially using different threads.
The best idea and attack plan I can say with Reddit is to watch it and be active there for sure. But wait for them small moments where you may be able to jump on something and do something epic that no one else seems to be doing. That is what reddit let's you do. Which is why I said it's like trying to capture lightning in a bottle.

MichaelStaples

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer, Other
This is a nice guide, thanks for this! I will now use Reddit eventually.

BobaVoll

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks for the advice :) Although I think I'll have no luck.. :'(

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
anddd today I have leant that I sort of understand Reddit now and yet its not for me (vlogger, I guess) so I have useless information in my brain. It's a pity that not everyone can share their videos on there and be even a little bit successful. Never mind ay, I wouldn't know where to put my videos anyway :)

Serenthyr

Reaction score
Not to mention that you might get shadowbanned on Reddit if you do self-promote (too much.)

shadowbanned = you still can post but noone else will see it or can up/down-vote.

Sir Liam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm going to bookmark this, Hopefully this helps me. Thank you for sharing!

Player Select

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I gave it a shot and think I may have over done it. Was commenting on some things I legit found interesting, then posted a video. All good. Then kinda just did it again, and when I went to post the second video (last one for the day) it asked to me wait. So after about 10 minutes I just clicked Post again, and it went through, but the video never popped up in the subreddit, not even under the "New" tab.

Will none of our other postsed ever show up? Will this one ever show up? Posts before that are still there it looks like.