The smart dingus guide to Reddit.

Libree

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thanks for this invo. Ill be sure to look into reddit! :)

TheDaveVTEC

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Hey someone here is enough active to post a video ?

I got a service to ask please send me a PM.

Thanks.

AssassinPandaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I posted a video on Reddit once and it got numerous downvotes and comments telling people to kill myself lol.
The internet is an interesting place.

Oaktree27

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great guide! I'll definitely be using Reddit a lot more from now on.

Phantoler

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I'm experiencing the reddit phenomena right now which got me to the 301+ club. So far it's been positive and I'm grateful for every person who chose to click on my link, but I have to admit that I'm somewhat scared. I understand that not everyone likes the same things, and I respect that, but I'm fearful of comments like 'kill yourself'.

Rogpalmeruk

Reaction score
I've done a few tests this week on some subreddits and had some success, but its a niche subgroup, so can't hurt to be involved :)

Reaction score
Alright so this post originally went up over a year ago.
Then a lot of things changed, so the information written here was mostly misinformation.

Theese are the key things you need to know about Reddit.
It works kind of like an "internet newspaper", the frontpage is seen by everyone and gives SUPER much traffic to all the content on there, however to get to the frontpage a post (a submission of a link, that can be to anything, including a Youtube video) must have a high "karma score"

Your karma score is your upvotes on the post minus your downvotes, basically every user can either press up or down, and in short terms if it gets a lot of ups, your post rises.

There are "subreddits", which for my analogy can be described as different types of newspapers.
They may not be the "standard" newspaper that everyone sees, however there's a subreddit for (almost) anything. I get around 6-7,000,000 views a month, and I wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for the league of legends subreddit.

The smaller a subreddit the easier it is to get to the frontpage and make a name for yourself there, keep that in mind. Vote manipulation is near impossible on Reddit.

To have people upvoting your post, it has to fill a niche, be unique. For example if your video isn't "newsworthy" so to speak, you wouldn't make the frontpage of the "newspaper". I hope this somewhat sums it up, Reddit is one of the best sources of traffic if you know how to use it right.

Some gamers have it easy, League of Legends, Minecraft, Dota, call of duty, and a lot of other big games all have big subreddits, which means that your original content will be able to get a lot of traffic.
I really never knew how massive the reddit community was. 7 mil views a month is so hilariously awesome, congrats man! We're around 1500 a month, but hopefully with your tips we can make it up there one day!