Telling My Parents About Youtube

PheonixStr7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well the worst they could do is say "no". No point in waiting if you'll get the same answer which would just be wasting time.

JustEpicShots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How are you doing in school? If you're doing well, there shouldn't be a problem. If you're doing not so well...

Whatever the case, tell them it won't affect your studies.
im doing alright[DOUBLEPOST=1355779908,1355779826][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well the worst they could do is say "no". No point in waiting if you'll get the same answer which would just be wasting time.
what it want help is on the way to approach them. the answer might change depending on the way that i tell them

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
First off, I wouldn't recommend accepting the partnership from TGN. I'm with them, and I'm very frustrated. I'm starting to look into leaving them for someone else, or just going independently. Second, ask if this really is hurting your grades or not. It sounds like you've stopped studying over this. If that's the case, I'd suggest focusing more on that instead. Third, how old are you? Honestly, your view count is pretty low, so I don't think you're missing out on many earnings. I'd say just wait until you're 18, it makes everything much easier. Those are my thoughts.

JustEpicShots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First off, I wouldn't recommend accepting the partnership from TGN. I'm with them, and I'm very frustrated. I'm starting to look into leaving them for someone else, or just going independently. Second, ask if this really is hurting your grades or not. It sounds like you've stopped studying over this. If that's the case, I'd suggest focusing more on that instead. Third, how old are you? Honestly, your view count is pretty low, so I don't think you're missing out on many earnings. I'd say just wait until you're 18, it makes everything much easier. Those are my thoughts.
Of course youtube doesnt takeover school. Im 17 and why shoulnt i partnered with TGN? I've heard some bad things about them but the lenght of the contract is great. Im gonna try it and if i dont like it, i can just leave...[DOUBLEPOST=1355781309,1355781298][/DOUBLEPOST]
Of course youtube doesnt takeover school. Im 17 and why shoulnt i partnered with TGN? I've heard some bad things about them but the lenght of the contract is great. Im gonna try it and if i dont like it, i can just leave...

thefriendlygreek

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your parents' main concern is school, so try reassuring them that this will in no way affect your grades. You've been you tubing for a while already so maintaining your current level in school is easy.

If you're parents are pressing you to do better in school for whatever reason, you may have to bargain. :) Like getting a better grade in something. I don't know, it all really depends on your situation and your parents.

I don't have much advice on exactly what to say, but I can tell you that school will come up a lot during your talk.

Sorry I can't be much help but I'm old AND I don't have kids.

Good luck btw.

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
i would just ask them, and i would not say that when you have a channel you are not gonna study. of course it sucks up some time. but look at me, i started my channel because i was bored and people said i sounded funny when i play games. i am planning on becomming a partner one day, but lets not talk about me. do your parents know you have a youtube channel? do they know how many people watch you? do they know how much time you put into it (i personally only record and edit, render when i feel like it since i have almost no viewers :p)
now what you can do is tell them you are populair and growing and that it is a good oppertunity to make some money. if your parents are like mine (not quite appriciating the fact that i play games) i would also suggest doing some small things for them such as go to the store to let them know there is something els in your live than your games and channel, no parent wants to see their kid as a game addicted junk who plays games in a dark room all day.

so... ask them, tell them you have always wanted it, if they say yes help them with cleaning or something every now and then. say that you can make a reasoneble amount of money. and most of all, stay social and not behind your computer all day, show them you do diffrend things as well (or make them think that :p)

hope this helps as bit.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, they won't send you the payments if you're not 18, or you don't have somebody over 18 who can manage the payments for you. If you're 17, I think you should just wait until you turn 18, it's easier that way. Plus, it's not like you're missing out on a ton of money or anything, unless you get high view counts.

DATgaminginc

Loves YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thats stupid. my mum actually cares about me having good grades, i cant just beribe her...[DOUBLEPOST=1355778019,1355777965][/DOUBLEPOST]
i know, but what im gonna do is wait until im 18 and sign it myself...
That's a really good decision. I'm 17 and in school too, last year though, but i screwed up my first examweek a little so. Hopefully i will get it back on track and go to college next year, be 18 and go on with my youtubechannel.

Reactions: ForeverAlonePrick