• Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Sub 4 Sub hurts or helps channel

Fost

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
You know, some of you know I quit YT a while back because it became a job instead of a hobby. The itch of making film never went away though. I was a YT gaming channel and I remember sub 4 sub on people who never really truly cared about my channel or my content.

I ended up getting 100+ subs which I got fast, but mostly due to sub4sub and comments from other people "hey great content check mine out"

Although I am no longer doing that on this channel, but I do follow other dirtbikers and ATVers and they follow me (i think) ive wonder if sub4sub hurts channels? Ive seen people with 1k subs but with 50 - 100 views only.

what are your thoughts
Thats why I don't do it I let people know don't sub if you don't like the content, I don't like being sleep on but being subbed 4 sub is worst, if I like your content I sub if not then I won't. I can't do nothin with numbers that don't work

wchap001

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
thanks for all the reply everyone! i figured thats what happened when I was a gaming channel lol. i hated that when people got in my channel hey check mine out. killed my watch time lol. Motovlogs seem to be a bit better though im not getting any of that and more of a small family

EmmaHudsonSinger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I find the sub4sub thing just reeks of desperation. Like, you want to be popular, but don't want to put in the time and effort to make it happen in a worthwhile way. You'll have some numbers, but no engagement, because those people don't care about your content. They care about getting their own content seen.

Reactions: Fost

Lucky Luck

Reaction score
Sub 4 sub is never good, i believe. The subs will drop fast and your channel wi be ranked low because of the virtual subscribers who never watch a second of your video.