Sub 4 Sub hurts or helps channel

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
You know, some of you know I quit YT a while back because it became a job instead of a hobby. The itch of making film never went away though. I was a YT gaming channel and I remember sub 4 sub on people who never really truly cared about my channel or my content.

I ended up getting 100+ subs which I got fast, but mostly due to sub4sub and comments from other people "hey great content check mine out"

Although I am no longer doing that on this channel, but I do follow other dirtbikers and ATVers and they follow me (i think) ive wonder if sub4sub hurts channels? Ive seen people with 1k subs but with 50 - 100 views only.

what are your thoughts
Thats why I don't do it I let people know don't sub if you don't like the content, I don't like being sleep on but being subbed 4 sub is worst, if I like your content I sub if not then I won't. I can't do nothin with numbers that don't work

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
thanks for all the reply everyone! i figured thats what happened when I was a gaming channel lol. i hated that when people got in my channel hey check mine out. killed my watch time lol. Motovlogs seem to be a bit better though im not getting any of that and more of a small family

EmmaHudsonSinger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I find the sub4sub thing just reeks of desperation. Like, you want to be popular, but don't want to put in the time and effort to make it happen in a worthwhile way. You'll have some numbers, but no engagement, because those people don't care about your content. They care about getting their own content seen.

Reactions: STAYFLY349 and Fost

Lucky Luck

Reaction score
Sub 4 sub is never good, i believe. The subs will drop fast and your channel wi be ranked low because of the virtual subscribers who never watch a second of your video.

Reactions: STAYFLY349

TheWealthProject

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It definitely hurts your channel. Do you really think that person is going to ever come back to your channel and watch?

Also, it will seem a bit off putting when your subscriber/view ratio is out of whack.

Reactions: STAYFLY349

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
not only will it hurt your channel, when it comes time to monetize, you wont be approved. I already know a few folks who been denied monetization for this reason. I think I only subbed 4 people when I first started, but it was because i truly liked their content, we both seem to have similar taste in trails and bikes and I also know 3 of them in person and I still ride with them till this day and we collaborate. I also got approved for monetization so this does not harm anything. Keep subs genuine, true and honest. subscribe to people who you truly like watching. Think about it, they are not stupid. Same with those fake paid for views. They will only kill you chances on getting monetized to 0%

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
doesn't sub for sub get you banned from youtube I know people in facebook will always ask "hey I need subscribers" but most of them get made fun of cause it sounds like a desperation. I get growing a channel is hard but i feel that patient and working with what you have helps grow your channel too.

STAYFLY349

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with all of you sub for sub is terrible. The views are no longer there because it turns out they do not really want to watch your videos.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
doesn't sub for sub get you banned from youtube I know people in facebook will always ask "hey I need subscribers" but most of them get made fun of cause it sounds like a desperation. I get growing a channel is hard but i feel that patient and working with what you have helps grow your channel too.

It is against the rules, but it wont ban your account; but when it gets time to monetize you will be denied. there is a lot of things that get looked at when it comes to approval of monetization and view to sub count is one. Your history of comments of other channels as well. its very easy to spot Sub 4 Sub. I mean if a channel has 1,000 subs but 20 - 40 views....yeah that looks bad.