Someone asking for donations on their patreon, on my youtube channel!

I had the exact same thing, their name was william or something? lol I got like 4 comments from the same person but 2 comments were them asking for $1 to donate to a charity, then the other 2 were the same as yours with their patreon asking for $1. I think they're a bit special in the head.
Mine wasn't called William, I actually can't remember his name but it started with D

Yeah, who knows... Spooky

I got something similar. Wow, he must have a bot to spam that many channels in such a short time. On his patreon page, he wrote "For everyone who donates, I'll sub to your channel" (So basically he is selling subs - also against YouTube's TOS) :rolleyes:

Mine wasn't called William, I actually can't remember his name but it started with D

it was Dominik W idf I remember right. But there were also other names.

One comment said "I love you, here is a video for you" duh!

I got something similar. Wow, he must have a bot to spam that many channels in such a short time. On his patreon page, he wrote "For everyone who donates, I'll sub to your channel" (So basically he is selling subs - also against YouTube's TOS) :rolleyes:
Yeah i noticed that too! That's so.. Weird! I wonder who actually did that to get a sub?

Yeah, I got 2 of those exact comments. Dominick was the name. One today, one a few days ago. I replied to the first one, but when I got the second one, I realized it wasn't a person manually doing this.

I haven't had people asking me directly for money but I am getting the posts from accounts promoting their Patreon account. They are going right to the spam folder. I wouldn't be surprised the post are being made by a bot/program.

Yeah, I got 2 of those exact comments. Dominick was the name. One today, one a few days ago. I replied to the first one, but when I got the second one, I realized it wasn't a person manually doing this.
I haven't had people asking me directly for money but I am getting the posts from accounts promoting their Patreon account. They are going right to the spam folder. I wouldn't be surprised the post are being made by a bot/program.
Yeah at first I wasn't so sure, but the fact that the channel doesn't have a profile picture, I didn't actually go on the page, not sure why, I got spooked, it definitely is a bot, since so many people here are saying they've got these comments!

So someone commented on my video, with some of the info removed
'Hey, AmberAndGolden! I love your video! Keep it up. :) I want to start making YouTube videos soon, too. It would be so great if you could support me with a dollar to get things started because I need equipment for my videos. There's no need to feel bad if you can't, I still think you're great and I wish you the best for you and your channel.' ect, including links to his patreon and his name

At first I was like, Fair enough, advertising on someone elses channel... but asking for me to give you money to start a channel, which the rest of us just start of our own accord with the equipment we have on hand off our own backs, seems a little odd to me..
This person already has a number of backerswhich I can't view nor can I view the post he has made to patreon or how much money he is getting, but... who knows..

What do you guys think of this?

Same here, it just a spammer & scammer from INDIA as she said, just ignore & report/flag her account, check my screenshot bellow:
594978452a26a5fb869b9a771897c41f.jpg

Back