Someone asking for donations on their patreon, on my youtube channel!

I definitely feel like that comment you received is spam as well. True fans won't ask for anything from you and would only support you the entire way. I think we've all had similar comments along the lines of, "Hey (Insert Channel Name Here)! I loved your video. Anyways my name is Mark and I make similar videos. I subbed to you so be sure to come hit the subscribe button on my channel as well. You know I'd appreciate it and keep up the good work. =]" And we all hate those comments. So I wouldn't feel bad if I were you and you just deleted it right out of that spam folder.
Oh yeah for sure, I know it's spam! I assume most comments are spam if they don't actually talk about the video tbf
I already deleted it, Bye spaaam!

No videos and asking for money!? What an a hole!

I let spam comments go through and then rip them about it and let other people tear me one too. That way I make a fun little game out of it and increase engagement rate

Since I created my patreon a few day ago I have gotten a few spam like that. Instead of them asking for donation why don't they donate to me :shifty2:

But on the serious side, I report them and block them so they can't post again on my channel.

Woah, that's the first I've heard of something like that. Weird but believeable. It doesn't sound like a successful plan if the comment is automatically marked as spam, also the fact that it is spam doesn't help.

On an unrelated note @AmberAndGolden I really like your posts on YTTalk. I want to get a new keyboard so I can make posts like yours; would you donate to my patreon? It's okay if you don't no pressure. ;)

Yeah, it's a spam that's going around, sort of the same as the, "I made a video of you," and "I have music for you" spam that went around in the past few months.

On an unrelated note @AmberAndGolden I really like your posts on YTTalk. I want to get a new keyboard so I can make posts like yours; would you donate to my patreon? It's okay if you don't no pressure. ;)
LOL sure thing! ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1499350414,1499350332][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, it's a spam that's going around, sort of the same as the, "I made a video of you," and "I have music for you" spam that went around in the past few months.
People come up with all newfangled ideas of scamming people, don't they! It's mad the lengths people will go to to either 1. take your money or 2. give you a creepy virus!

I had the exact same thing, their name was william or something? lol I got like 4 comments from the same person but 2 comments were them asking for $1 to donate to a charity, then the other 2 were the same as yours with their patreon asking for $1. I think they're a bit special in the head.

Back