Responding to Hate

ARTFXSTUDIOS

Music producer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Guru, Reviewer
I make a sport out of replying to trolls :) And I've become quite good at it hahaa. Everytime I respond to a troll with a funny comment, my regular viewers start giving that comment of mine +1's.
Some examples:

Henry Winterhalter
4 hours ago
ur voice pisses me off

ARTFX STUDIOS
18 minutes ago
U MAD BRO?

Attizzoso Dissaldato
3 days ago
annoying speaker voice + s****y music = FAIL

ARTFX STUDIOS
2 days ago
+ lot's of views + many likes + me looking at your Youtube channel = not so fail at all... :)

Attizzoso Dissaldato
2 days ago
and also arrogant....

ARTFX STUDIOS
2 days ago
No not at all, I just like to f**k around with trolls like you that's all.

And I can go on like that for some time hahaa.

PureHater

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i wish i had comments to reply to XD

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice post! For me, my channel is about respect for each other so if somebody can't post criticism in a respectful manner, it gets deleted. If I think that they are a troll, there is no second chance.

TrapinchRants

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
To be honest, I don't like the phrase 'haters'.
It's not like they HATE your videos or HATE you personally (Most of the time), they just don't like the content you create.
Also, I've seen enough channels where someone comments on the uploader's mistake during the video, and the uploader immediately comes and calls him a hater and starts a keyboard-duel with that guy.

I suppose haters exist, but remember that a person can definitely dislike your content without being accused of being jealous or a troll.

Aviticus_Dragon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Trolls are one thing, but for haters, I just find out what they hate about the video. If they say, my video sucks, I usually reply saying "Thanks for the feedback, what part didn't you like?" People who just ignore hate, don't actually try to learn from it because there may be something going on that you aren't aware of. Sure they are being unprofessional by commenting like that, but you are being professional replying in a calm manner. Anyone who see's their comment, and then yours will usually be on your side just from your professionalism.

Here's a real example:

[NAME WITHHELD]: Oh wow. 7:38. PC b******t earns a dislike.
AVITICUS DRAGON: Not sure I get what you mean there..
[NAME WITHHELD]: PC = Politically correct. You instantly invalidate all racist characters as if it was an illness. Because liking murdering and stealing is fine but not liking the look or smell of indians is the greatest evil ever, right? Stupid liberal double standards.
AVITICUS DRAGON: Oh I gotcha. Thanks for the explanation, I'll be more mindful of that in the future.
[NAME WITHHELD]: That's an unexpectedly nice response.

In the end, I learned that I was unintentionally doing something in the game that this person took offensively. Knowing this helped in future plays of the game to avoid this type of thought or scenario. Granted the game was around controversial subject matter and I guess it was hard for people not to post these types of comments from time to time.

Reactions: shinyvictreebel

shinyvictreebel

PokeTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Trolls are one thing, but for haters, I just find out what they hate about the video. If they say, my video sucks, I usually reply saying "Thanks for the feedback, what part didn't you like?" People who just ignore hate, don't actually try to learn from it because there may be something going on that you aren't aware of. Sure they are being unprofessional by commenting like that, but you are being professional replying in a calm manner. Anyone who see's their comment, and then yours will usually be on your side just from your professionalism.

Here's a real example:

[NAME WITHHELD]: Oh wow. 7:38. PC b******t earns a dislike.
AVITICUS DRAGON: Not sure I get what you mean there..
[NAME WITHHELD]: PC = Politically correct. You instantly invalidate all racist characters as if it was an illness. Because liking murdering and stealing is fine but not liking the look or smell of indians is the greatest evil ever, right? Stupid liberal double standards.
AVITICUS DRAGON: Oh I gotcha. Thanks for the explanation, I'll be more mindful of that in the future.
[NAME WITHHELD]: That's an unexpectedly nice response.

In the end, I learned that I was unintentionally doing something in the game that this person took offensively. Knowing this helped in future plays of the game to avoid this type of thought or scenario. Granted the game was around controversial subject matter and I guess it was hard for people not to post these types of comments from time to time.
Just the other day I got someone complaining about how my thumbnails sucked, I thanked them for letting me know a problem with my videos, and I asked them this: "How do you think I should change them to make them better?" I haven't heard anything from this person.

Aviticus_Dragon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Just the other day I got someone complaining about how my thumbnails sucked, I thanked them for letting me know a problem with my videos, and I asked them this: "How do you think I should change them to make them better?" I haven't heard anything from this person.
That's exactly how to respond to those comments. Not everyone is going to reply, but the ones that do will provide you with insight on what that person likes to see. Whether you take the advice is up to you, but at least you can take their feedback on your thumbnails/videos or whatever and compare it. You know if someone says "I can't read your s****y thumbnails", well hell, take a real look at them and maybe a darker background is what you need.

My point is not all hate is negative - a professional, turns it into a positive.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Unfortunately there going to be people out there that are going to find little things to rip on you about wether it be your voice, your hair, your looks, the way you edit there are a select number of people like that and it does hurt, you might not act like it but it does chip away at you overtime when they keep going, the only way to respond is not to respond...sit back...watch the views & the subs rack up and just let them be. Thats how I would deal with them and probably will.

Jazmin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Look, I put it like this, "Hattas, they gone hate" (It's a 3lw song lol)