Recieved first dislike feel like crying :(

Girl01

Super Poster
Ok everyone I'm having a really bad night it sounds so pathetic to say but I've got this horrible feeling in my stomach and feel a bit like crying I did a video lastnight which I was really proud of with my new camera and new lights and someone's disliked it already:(

I only have like 7 subscribers so I'm thinking someone just really dislikes me or think my videos really bad:(

The other weird thing is for some reason when I watch it on my iPad on big screen it seems quite laggy/ blurry then loads then goes back to normal however I watch it on my phone and it's fine. I'm praying it's my iPad and not the way I've filmed the video. I uploaded in HD?

Anyway sorry for this negative post didn't know who else to talk to :((

You will get used to get dislikes, I spent something like a month planning (with a group of people), filming (also with a group of people) and then around 1-2 weeks of editing by myself on a documentary video and it got a dislike after around 2 days of being online.. Basically crushed me because I spent a lot of time and so did people from my group.

But then we just ignored it.. The person who disliked the video didn't even leave feedback as to why they didn't like it. If they don't leave feedback they clearly didn't have a reason to dislike the video.

So my advice? Ignore them. If someone dislikes your video for a reason they'll probably leave a comment. If it's just a random person who wants to give out some dislikes just turn the ratings for your videos off. You don't have to let people like or dislike your video.

Just try not to let it get to you. Chin up and get to work on that next video!

No reason to feel bad because of a dislike - either it is simply a hater, in which case you should just ignore it, or else it is someone saying your video could be better, which mean someone cares about your videos = a good thing ;)

I've learned to completely ignore dislikes. I had someone spam disliking my videos at one point and that bugged me because they didn't say *why* they disliked it. However there are going to be people who dislike for lots of reasons and there just isn't much you can do about it. Just focus on the people who subscribe and like and leave positive comments and ignore the rest!

I would ignore the dislikes and not take them to heart, people dislike for all kinds of reasons that we will never know and there's no point trying to figure it out, I seen someone on here once say they would dislike a video because it had a lot of likes and that it wouldn't hurt them sticking a thumbs down on someones video so it goes to show the mentality of some people, now that's not everyone who dislikes but you will get people like that and you will get those who just generally dislike your content whether that's because they dont like what you are wearing, the tone of your voice or the way you blinked one extra time that wasn't to their preference :D

I would focus your energy on getting on with your next video as its not worth any time worrying about it :)

I believe it was Tupac who said.. "F* the haters!"

But seriously, don't worry about it - like everybody's saying above, unless somebody has also left a comment explaining why they disliked your video its fair to assume they didn't have a reason. Maybe a random person had a bad day, maybe they were watching the screen upside down and got the thumbs the wrong way around, maybe they were jealous.
You can never know, but you CAN keep making videos for the people who like watching them :)

If somebody dislikes one of my videos and does not provide constructive criticism I generally tend to ignore it.

Ok everyone I'm having a really bad night it sounds so pathetic to say but I've got this horrible feeling in my stomach and feel a bit like crying I did a video lastnight which I was really proud of with my new camera and new lights and someone's disliked it already:(

I only have like 7 subscribers so I'm thinking someone just really dislikes me or think my videos really bad:(

The other weird thing is for some reason when I watch it on my iPad on big screen it seems quite laggy/ blurry then loads then goes back to normal however I watch it on my phone and it's fine. I'm praying it's my iPad and not the way I've filmed the video. I uploaded in HD?

Anyway sorry for this negative post didn't know who else to talk to :((
No offence but ignore it. It's natural to gain dislike after a while. Sometimes people dislike just for the hell of it, or because they're jealous.

Back