Pet Peeves about Youtube

When people say they enjoyed your video but focus mainly on promoting their own channel.. I wish more people understood that were all in the same boat of trying to get noticed, but at the end of the day if your not kind and honest to others, how can you expect everyone else to appreciate your videos too

I get so irritated when I get English "check out my channel" comments on my videos.
I mean... my videos are in Norwegian. It just looks wrong and they have obviously just copied and pasted it in, and then left. :p

I loathe the like/dislike ratio because dislikes do nothing now make it like Reddit so that down votes mean something.
I've heard that before, but i'm actually not gonna buy it. I'm pretty sure, that they will decrease the likelyhood of getting more exposure, if your video has a bad ratio. But it's just theory.

To me, it's getting too homogeneous. There are so many people chasing after trends that you see the same thing over and over and over again. I like YouTube because it has the possibility of people uploading oddball stuff that appeals to them, not because everyone wants to show off what they bought at Dollar Tree.

Has to be spam comments asking you to check out their channel. it's cringey. It reminds me of a sweaty disheveled hoover salesman clattering at your door begging you to buy one of his hoovers, otherwise he'll get fired for not meeting the months quota[DOUBLEPOST=1480450545,1480450187][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've heard that before, but i'm actually not gonna buy it. I'm pretty sure, that they will decrease the likelyhood of getting more exposure, if your video has a bad ratio. But it's just theory.
Look at milo Stewart, all of her videos have a tonne of dislikes and she isn't growing hardly at all. she has 17k subs but has been featured in many huuuuge youtubers videos. I mean her content is garbage, but I'm wondering if the amount of dislikes are pushing her down the serps or something. I don't think I've ever found on of her videos organically. I don't really know where I'm going with this comment at all but yeah... haha

Look at milo Stewart, all of her videos have a tonne of dislikes and she isn't growing hardly at all. she has 17k subs but has been featured in many huuuuge youtubers videos. I mean her content is garbage, but I'm wondering if the amount of dislikes are pushing her down the serps or something. I don't think I've ever found on of her videos organically. I don't really know where I'm going with this comment at all but yeah... haha
That's my point. The amount of attention she gets, isn't because of YouTube, but contentcreators searching for her, and by that getting her in their feed. Which would mean that her like/dislike ratio makes YouTube not feature her in feeds = like/dislike ratio has an impact.

Maybe a first world complaint, maybe one specific to my niche, but the more I grow the worse I'm getting at dealing with how inhuman people think you are.

Not necessarily the anonymity of the internet or even the comments section, it's just - I swear I can say "sorry guys, no upload today, my entire family died in a fire last night" and the first comment I'll get is, "where the f**k is my upload?!"

Mostly centralized to DeviantArt though. I think I just need to quit that place, it doesn't add much to my YouTube journey in the long run anyhow. Heh.

people posting the same mundane, overdone content and only gaining popularity because of their looks. i can live with it because it doesn't hurt anyone, but it makes me so sad to see these people with such huge followings that don't use their influence to its full potential besides to serve themselves; imagine what would happen if these big youtubers encouraged their followers to donate to charities or to support certain organizations.

people posting the same mundane, overdone content and only gaining popularity because of their looks. i can live with it because it doesn't hurt anyone, but it makes me so sad to see these people with such huge followings that don't use their influence to its full potential besides to serve themselves; imagine what would happen if these big youtubers encouraged their followers to donate to charities or to support certain organizations.
AMEN! Why can't people have good content and good looks like yours! What has this world come to T_T[DOUBLEPOST=1480593591,1480593351][/DOUBLEPOST]Mine would probably be channels I find overrated. Specifically comedy channels. Now I know comedy is subjective, but when I see a small yet very funny youtuber I feel bad because I know they deserve more views/subs, then there's these bunch of big channels who I think are just plain overrated, with a massive fanbase (won't mention any names). I understand humor is subjective, but comedy writers, stand-up comedians, etc. are trying their best to make good quality, laughable content, and I just see some overrated youtuber get a thousand dollars for a video about him just throwing out 5th grade insults without even any effort onto it.

Back