Pet Peeves about Youtube

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
lately I've been noticing I'm getting notifications from channels I haven't even put notifications on which is starting to annoy me lol but also people who comment they just subbed to your channel and ask for a sub back and then unsub a day later or never subbed at all

TopSecretR35

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I worked hard for two days making my video as awesome as possible. Upload it, things are going well. Then, I get a comment.. On my preview I just see "Awesome video, you deserve..." So I'm thinking wow, this is great. I click on the comment, turns out it's a bigger channel who hosts a "Shout-out series" all I must do is sub, like comment to him and his buds then I'll get shouted out. Never has my blood boiled like that before. I wanted to get rude, but I deleted the comment and moved on!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I haven't read everyone's replies so I apologise if this has already been mentioned:

I really don't like the PM inbox. I don't like how the creator can't delete messages he's received. The only options are "block" and "report" - Sometimes a message isn't offensive or spam but you just want to delete it, like you can with emails and YT comments.

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
-Sub for sub.
-Fake comments inclining you to sub to their channel.
-Misleading/clickbait
-Long intros.
-End sections of a video promoting a sponsor (I'm looking at you, GradeAUnderA!).
-Nonsensical arguments in the comments section between 2-3 people.
-Getting triggered over nonsensical, objectively unoffensive content in the comments section.
-Childish fanbase.

EleniVTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Comedian
People have started asking me for shout outs. Just...never spoke to me before, just randomly asked me for a shout out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When people go out of there way to post rude/hateful comments. Like don't say anything if you didn't like it...So annoying.
haha yeah, especially when they wasted their time searching for and then clicking on the video to watch it. LOL

Tyron Fedrick

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely the whole sub 4 sub thing. People would have like 5,000 subscribers with only 30 views per video.

Reactions: Crown

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The moment you join a popular discussion and the notification never stops when people continue posting.

And comments that bait for likes. For example, "If this comment receives X number of likes, I would do something" and true enough, the comments top the rest without the need to be witty.

CharlieeLou

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its definitely the comments for sub for sub and advertising. They must know its frowned on -they only get deleted straight away.

Ive had a small amount of criticism. 4 of my videos got disliked within seconds of each other and when I was live streaming someone called my channel cancer. To be honest it just makes me laugh! Any interaction is a good interaction so keep it coming. If it's not constructive criticism I assume the person has no brain cells or are just trolls!

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Sometimes if I see my video in the sidebar it says I have a certain amount of views, but when i click on it, it shows a different number. It is confusing.