Pet Peeves about Youtube

Shawn Gossman

Reaction score
My pet peeve is that you have to wait a bit before you can get a custom URL. I dislike that string of random characters that you have to endure before x amount of subs. It is a personal thing of course, I just don't like the way it looks. Pretty URLs tend to do better anyways but who am I to say this to a service owned by the search engine God? haha. I'd just rather have my brand in the URL right away.

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
My pet peeve used to be Content ID but Youtube kinda fixed the critical issue behind that, namely lost ad revenue.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I really like YouTube and there are a lot more things I like about it than I don't. I do have some peculiar annoyances, though. Of course I don't like the clickbait and exaggerated claims to get you to the video watch page, but that's all over the internet and media. Same with stuff like Smosh. It's just not my kind of humor. But I don't like reality shows or sitcoms, either. That kind of stuff is everywhere, not just YouTube.

These are the things that bug me the most: I don't like that you can't use the minus/dash to search for results that specifically don't contain the following word. I don't like how some comments give you email notifications, others give you "bell" notifications, and still others show up on the lock screen of your phone, and while there is a good amount of overlap between them, some of them only show up in one of those places. The comments page on the full site on a computer shows all of them, but a lot of them are replies to other comments and those are listed farther down where the original comment is. You can sort them by date, but it doesn't take into account date and time of the replies. Related to comments, I don't like that I can't turn off the spam filter if I want to. To a lesser extent, sometimes it is annoying that there are so many channels on YouTube with such a redundancy of content that it makes it hard to find what I'm looking for a lot of times.

I don't personally mind the sub4sub requests very much. I hardly ever get any of them, though. I also don't really mind people commenting just to get people to view their channel. I'm just neutral to it. It's the same as someone commenting and then deleting it. I thought I had a new comment and then found out I didn't. No biggie.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think the algorithm changes a lot and not for the better, which might be that more people are complain about it!

Hermitt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Mine personally has to be sub 4 sub it bugs the hell out of me, because it's really doing absolutely nothing for your channel growth, except a bloated number!

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
People that comment something refuting your point without watching the video because they assume they know everything you said just by reading the title.

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Sub 4 sub comments, comments saying "nice video" but then saying "check out my channel" in the same exact comment, and also comments of that nature who copy-paste from one video to another or in some cases on one video that makes no logical sense to the video that was uploaded such as commenting "nice video" on an outro video

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd love to have my subscription feeds be broken into categories. I'm subscribed to many channels so I'm not always in the mood for certain types of videos, but I don't want to lose touch with those channels either.

XTRMlvl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What is one of your Pet Peeves about Youtube?

One of mine is spam comments that ask to check out their channel especially when they have way more subs than you! Lol
Fake YouTube accounts that wants to scam YOU!!