Paul Logan loose monetization

He's a fool. He blamed YouTube because of his ad revenue being cut in half. He still isn't accepting responsibility for his actions.

YouTube can't afford to be the Wild West anymore. If advertisers bail out, nobody makes any money.

1M? I highly doubt he is making that much per month from ad revenue alone. Especially not from one channel alone, maybe and a hard maybe there, he does across all his accounts. But I doubt he makes a smooth 12 million dollars ever year from only ad revenue alone.

He was bringing in 300Mil views per month and was in the Google Preferred Ad category. If he wasn't at $1Mil/mo. he was damn close.

And really he only has 1 account. Yes, he has 2 but doesn't post on the second. The above views all come from one channel.

300M views/month... $1M/month is totally and obviously possible.
Take Ricegum for an example, 10M views brings $60,000 as shown in his video.
Maybe the Paul brothers are the neccessary evil in Youtube world which make the benefits of advertisers, creators, the platform balance each other.

It doesn’t make complete sense to me that YouTube actually loses money cutting ads on his channel. Wouldn’t those ads get distributed to other videos? Not all YouTube partner views are monetized, on my channel only about 50% are.

It doesn’t make complete sense to me that YouTube actually loses money cutting ads on his channel. Wouldn’t those ads get distributed to other videos? Not all YouTube partner views are monetized, on my channel only about 50% are.
In short term, yes the ad will be distributed to other channels. However once he starts creating and uploading his video to other platforms, alot of views will be transfers to those and Youtube will eventually suffer (views, advertisers, audience...)

He had this coming, it should have happened after the first video really. But, clearly he has not learned his lesson and he has paid for it. It just shows a level of ego, that he thinks he can get away with this stuff scot free. We all make mistakes it's part of being human, but the first video really offended me and it takes a lot to do that. Then this, if he is stupid enough to this as well it shows a huge level of immaturity and just foolish thinking.

It just shows a level of ego, that he thinks he can get away with this stuff scot free.
I recall there were cases of youtubers getting away with scandals in the past, so I don't know how much he is to blame compared to Youtube itself. Or most likely, both are to blame.

I recall there were cases of youtubers getting away with scandals in the past, so I don't know how much he is to blame compared to Youtube itself. Or most likely, both are to blame.

Yes, YouTube has some responsibility because they have been turning a blind eye to some of the activities. It wasn't until advertisers started pulling out that YT has had to make more solid rules.

That being said, each channel also has their own responsibility to understand that what they do not only affects their own channels but the whole ecosystem as well.

Back