Paul Logan loose monetization

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Thats fine, but I totally know what oyu mean, got an alert from Video Creators, the channel, about pulling advertisement from Logan's videos, so was an interesting surprise this morning, lol. By the way check out Video Creators, they do amazing work over there, and I believe you can find them here as well ;)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Whoops. I meant Logan Paul in title! (can't edit)

Lots of news stories:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/youtube-suspends-ads-logan-pauls-channel-cites-recent/story?id=52961550

(clickable link added by staff)

Interesting - I added the clickable link.

Apparently, it's not related to the suicide video scandal, but the content of his videos since then:

From the above link:

"We believe he has exhibited a pattern of behavior in his videos that makes his channel not only unsuitable for advertisers but also potentially damaging to the broader creator community," a YouTube spokeswoman told ABC News.

The spokeswoman cited examples of Paul using a stun gun on a rat in one video and urging his followers to engage in a recent online craze of eating Tide laundry pods.

I think a few people gave him the benefit of the doubt about the suicide video scandal and accepted his apology. But WTF? Has he not learned anything from all that? He comes back to youTube and decides it'd be a good idea to make videos about hurting animals and eating laundry pods?!!! He is so dumb it's unreal. YouTube should just terminate his channel and be done with it. No more chances.

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Interesting - I added the clickable link.

Apparently, it's not related to the suicide video scandal, but the content of his videos since then
Has taken them long enough...I feel like a lot of people have al;ready noticed a trend growing among specific channels and communities on the site, or just the internet in general, and the more decent individuals have been trying to distance themselves as much as they can.

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
This should have happened before when he uploaded that initial video, but fine. At least they are doing something and that is a step in the right direction. BUT STILL.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
YouTube had to do something because they've demonetized other channels for barely doing anything, but I'm sure that it won't be long before the suspension is lifted. YouTube is also taking a big risk here. I read that Logan brings in $1,000,000 a month from ad revenue, so you can imagine how much he's worth to YT. If he decides to shut down his account and go somewhere else, we all know that his fans will follow him wherever he goes.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think a few people gave him the benefit of the doubt about the suicide video scandal and accepted his apology. But WTF? Has he not learned anything from all that? He comes back to youTube and decides it'd be a good idea to make videos about hurting animals and eating laundry pods?!!! He is so dumb it's unreal. YouTube should just terminate his channel and be done with it. No more chances.
I have to agree with this, the warning had no effect so it was natural it was going to happen. Only, I think it should have been done starting by the suicide scandal. That following "anti-suicide" video felt more like a PR maneuver than anything (or as we'd call it here "Paraculata")

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
YouTube had to do something because they've demonetized other channels for barely doing anything, but I'm sure that it won't be long before the suspension is lifted. YouTube is also taking a big risk here. I read that Logan brings in $1,000,000 a month from ad revenue, so you can imagine how much he's worth to YT. If he decides to shut down his account and go somewhere else, we all know that his fans will follow him wherever he goes.
1M? I highly doubt he is making that much per month from ad revenue alone. Especially not from one channel alone, maybe and a hard maybe there, he does across all his accounts. But I doubt he makes a smooth 12 million dollars ever year from only ad revenue alone.

Reactions: tahlia

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
"I try not to live my life thinking about money."
"Making other people happy makes me happy."
- Logan Paul, 2018

Two quotes pulled from the interview, spoken by Logan Paul.

How in the f**k does showing a dead body make anybody, anywhere happy? Logan was in it for the money and views, lets not kid ourselves on here. I would call him a grade A bullshitter but he isn't even good at that. What an *******.

TheValueKing

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
He seems completely oblivious of his actions; with that said, I don't think this will last because at the end of the day, YT is a business, and unfortunately the Paul brothers are bringing in a ton of revenue for the site.

Then again, the saying goes, don't hate the player, hate the game. Lol can't be too mad at them for constantly creating controversy that racks in new subs and views everytime other channels mention their drama

Reactions: FireShock