Overall growth guide for new/small channels.

Which guide would you rather see me do next?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice advice. Thanks. I have been making content for about 8 or 9 months and I have been putting up videos almost every day, and when I miss days I make it up by uploading additional the following days. It has taken me forever to get subs and it seems like with the sub box issues that I am having, the subs I do have don't seem to be getting the videos I upload. I only get like 1 sub a day if I am lucky. Some days I lose subs and I don't know why because I barely get comments and feedback.

Reactions: ayeluigi

Jules

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi, I am starting to vlog and I have questions about schedules and lengths of videos. Should I do a longer video once a week, or should I do shorter videos 3 times a week. The videos I am making are vlogs about my internship, and I have my internship 3 days a week. Should I upload the day after filming, or should I have a set schedule every week? Also how long should the videos be?? I just want it to be a pleasant experience for the viewers. Thanks!

nxinyourface

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, I am starting to vlog and I have questions about schedules and lengths of videos. Should I do a longer video once a week, or should I do shorter videos 3 times a week. The videos I am making are vlogs about my internship, and I have my internship 3 days a week. Should I upload the day after filming, or should I have a set schedule every week? Also how long should the videos be?? I just want it to be a pleasant experience for the viewers. Thanks!
Definitely go for 3 videos a week. Its way better in terms of earnings, in terms of consistency and in terms of getting new audience.

Reactions: Mr.LEE and ayeluigi

iAmZekeD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
so so so very helpful thank you so much for this.
Been stuck around 240 subs for a while. harder than hell to get out of this sluggish slump.

primoMachina

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hello everyone, short introduction, I'm UberDucky, I've written a few guides on this forum, you should check them out, they're a great read for any
The smug Youtuber will look at a channel that's bigger than his/hers, and say "My content is better, this guy/gal is so lucky that he/she is so big".

The smart Youtuber will look at a channel that's bigger than his/hers, and say "Wow this channel sure has a lot of followers, instead of looking at what I do better than them, let me look at what they do better than me, and learn from that"
I try to do a bit of both. Does that make me smart or smug? Smurt? Smag?

OddSockGames

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Think i shall be taking a lot of this on board, really helpful :)

windraidergames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One big tip: especially for vloggers or other people showing their face, you should livestream on younow!!

Once gained 80 subs from one stream! Really if you can talk a lot, that's the place to be