Onision and a Peice of Chicken

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh and btw, I laughed pretty freaking hard at the idea I was jealous of Onision's music, yeah I really wish I'd written "The Potato Song" or "I'm a Banana" I'm just super jealous of songs like that rofl.
I'm not saying you are actually jealous. But, to some less intelligent people it could be fuel for them to make those sort of claims. He may be a twerp but why would you make a video about it. Do you get where I'm coming from? You should be focusing on YOU and becoming the best YouTuber YOU can be, despite if there are other assholes out there. I'm sure Shane Dawson, iJustine and others have people they detest but how would they look if they made a video about it? It just brings unnecessary drama, that it seems you're not looking for. As you grow and become bigger, things like this don't really look that good, whether or not it's sarcasm laced and lighthearted. It's hard to put my thoughts in to words, so I'm probably rambling at this point.

On another note...You're 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' video is high-larious and it would be cool to see it on the main channel.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I'm not saying you are actually jealous. But, to some less intelligent people it could be fuel for them to make those sort of claims. He may be a twerp but why would you make a video about it. Do you get where I'm coming from? You should be focusing on YOU and becoming the best YouTuber YOU can be, despite if there are other assholes out there. I'm sure Shane Dawson, iJustine and others have people they detest but how would they look if they made a video about it? It just brings unnecessary drama, that it seems you're not looking for. As you grow and become bigger, things like this don't really look that good, whether or not it's sarcasm laced and lighthearted. It's hard to put my thoughts in to words, so I'm probably rambling at this point.
No I totally agree. And I knew you weren't saying I was jealous, I'm just saying that the very idea that I would be listening to his music going "if only I cold write songs like THAT" just really is humorous to me. But no you're right man, if I DID need to speak out against Onision, it should be like the ways I already have on my vlog, which aren't 'teasing" or "mocking" they are me seriously talking about my concerns toward him. I've never felt nervous (well maybe a little but not like THIS) about those videos, it was the fact that I literally MOCK him in this video. That's just.... that's not appealing. I'm so angry with him because he mocks OTHER people. so how could the answer be for me to turn around and mock HIM? No no no.... I knew I felt weird about this for a reason. Thanks bro.
--- merged: Mar 23, 2012 10:40 PM ---
Hey I just had a great idea! I won't completely take it down, I'll make it private and just let anyone who WANTS to be able to watch it watch it. You can make it where you choose who can see it right? So I could just choose vicboss and it'sameray and Alexgoesplaces and all those people, that way this little moment in history doesn't completely disappear.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But on the flipside, my main channel isn't supposed to be about drama, it's supposed to be good vibes and good times, I wanted it to be something you could watch with your family for the most part, and any time I say a curse word (which is always by accident) the video goes on my vlogs channel, and I don't promote that channel. So while I see how this is different from mocking someone who hadn't seriously done some serious crap, does it really belong on my channel? I was questioning that alot before I posted it, you've got me questioning it again. I appreciate everyone else' support, and I thank you for it, I just don't know.... it's not too late for me to change my mind for Friday, I have about 3 videos on back up I could post instead.... hmmm.
Move it to your vlog channel then. Maybe you can allow yourself to be edgy on that channel and leave your normal one the way it is. Great music and funny s**t. I dunno me thinks out loud sometimes.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Move it to your vlog channel then. Maybe you can allow yourself to be edgy on that channel and leave your normal one the way it is. Great music and funny s**t. I dunno me thinks out loud sometimes.
I dunno Ray, I really just don't know if I want it public, and not only that, I may not want to rant anymore. I just don't think ranting and mocking and sarcasm and talking about other people no matter HOW awful they may be, I just don't think it's very attractive on me. I'll probably just keep it private. And guess what, I was gonna just post "Tech Support With Symphonious7", but I'm watching it back and I kind of HATE it! I think the jokes are cheesy, and I HATE the random thing I do after I say "I believe in the mustache people" and when the mustache people song says "how can you help them, all you need to do is SUBSCRIBE" I CRINGE cause it feels so whorish to me....

My other option is moving the TMNT rant to this channel, which I am liking much more as an idea. But to make it fit the main channel vibe it needs background music and an outtro, can you be sued if you use the melody of a famous song but change the lyrics? Could I do the TMNT theme song but make the lyrics "Michael bay is ruining child hoods, Michael Bay is ruining childhoods, Michael Bay is ruining child hoods, why you ruin child hoods? MICHAEL BAY!!!" lol, would that break copyright?
--- merged: Mar 23, 2012 11:41 PM ---
I just did some google research, from what I can tell this would fall under the "fair use" act right? I'm gonna go ahead and start working on it and come back to check for feedback. Good grief if I can't do that my only other option is to finish a halfway filmed sketch I was working on that I haven't even finished writing... oh man.... I did NOT foresee this happening

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
You can pretty much stop thinking about doing the song! Using the melody of a song and changing the lyrics is full on Copyright infringement! Some people get away with it but it´s still breaking the copyright laws. It´s not fair use! you can do a similar melody but it can´t be spot on if you catch my drift....

Jonathan

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
You can pretty much stop thinking about doing the song! Using the melody of a song and changing the lyrics is full on Copyright infringement! Some people get away with it but it´s still breaking the copyright laws. It´s not fair use! you can do a similar melody but it can´t be spot on if you catch my drift....

Jonathan
Weird, I find two sites that said you were protected by fair use.... well FINE I'll write MY OWN DANG TURTLES SONG GOLLY GEE WHIZ WILLICKERS.... And yet, are you telling me that "I'm Elmo and I Know it" was something they got permission for along with the countless other parodies... well screw it, if there's even a chance I don't need to chance it, I can easily make my own.
--- merged: Mar 24, 2012 12:01 AM ---
Wait, you say I can make it really similar, just not exactly the same right??? Ok I can make it resemble the turtle's song enough that you will get the drift without it being the same melody, I got this.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dunno Ray, I really just don't know if I want it public, and not only that, I may not want to rant anymore. I just don't think ranting and mocking and sarcasm and talking about other people no matter HOW awful they may be, I just don't think it's very attractive on me. I'll probably just keep it private. And guess what, I was gonna just post "Tech Support With Symphonious7", but I'm watching it back and I kind of HATE it! I think the jokes are cheesy, and I HATE the random thing I do after I say "I believe in the mustache people" and when the mustache people song says "how can you help them, all you need to do is SUBSCRIBE" I CRINGE cause it feels so whorish to me....

My other option is moving the TMNT rant to this channel, which I am liking much more as an idea. But to make it fit the main channel vibe it needs background music and an outtro, can you be sued if you use the melody of a famous song but change the lyrics? Could I do the TMNT theme song but make the lyrics "Michael bay is ruining child hoods, Michael Bay is ruining childhoods, Michael Bay is ruining child hoods, why you ruin child hoods? MICHAEL BAY!!!" lol, would that break copyright?
--- merged: Mar 23, 2012 11:41 PM ---
I just did some google research, from what I can tell this would fall under the "fair use" act right? I'm gonna go ahead and start working on it and come back to check for feedback. Good grief if I can't do that my only other option is to finish a halfway filmed sketch I was working on that I haven't even finished writing... oh man.... I did NOT foresee this happening
You can do the song. It is a parody. If the music is re done by you and it has new lyrics its completely legal. Weird Al makes a living doing it.

Jonathan
That is untrue. If you play the song and change the lyrics you can legally parody a song.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
You can do the song. It is a parody. If the music is re done by you and it has new lyrics its completely legal. Weird Al makes a living doing it.

That is untrue. If you play the song and change the lyrics you can legally parody a song.
Well, it's exporting now, I've already done it. It's got a different melody than the turtles theme, but I don't think it's gonna matter at all, people will get the idea no problem, it is similar enough. Guys than you so much for all the advice. Ray, I want to someday be able to do the kind of material people like you want to see, because I am an adult, I DO have angry opinions about things and I know you enjoy watching me get mad and passionately share my opinions, but I think the only way I'll ever do that again is if it's not on youtube. If I like get big enough that I can make my own website and plaster all over it that these are my opinions, and they are not always kid friendly and they are not always nice, you know, that's the only way I can see doing it again. The more I thik about it, it just causes me too much anxiety to be posting my rants and more "adult" themed humor on youtube, I'm pretty sure I want to go all the way family friendly. I mean, I know I call Michael Bay a douchebag in this new video, but I'd say its pretty obvious I'm over acting. I'd be shocked if someone thought I was really THAT mad... wait... no I wouldn't, people believed the Shiloh thing. Well either way I feel this TMNT rant is MUCH less harmful than the Onision Chicken video.

Maybe someday I'll open up a site specifically for more adult related themes and angry rants. Till then I think my vlogs channel is going to start being more like music reviews and anime reviews and stuff like that, I want my YT presence to be HARMLESS, absoulutely HARMLESS to anyone. I won't take down the rants I've already done, I will just put them in a special playlist and put a note on my vlog channel that I'm changing it's direction. Thanks for all the support man, I know you'd support me even if my videos WERE really offensive, so thanks buddy. The new TMNT rant will be up soon, it's much more powerful with the backing track haha.

Reactions: itsameray

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
You actually have to get permission from the owner of the song (record label) to record your own version be it a parody or your version of the performance. That is not just me blurting out words, that is actual fact. Weird Al pays for the songs he uses up to a certain point. It´s just as with a cover, it is copyright infringement to use another persons song in a video or recording without getting permission for it. That means the melody and song structure as well not just the lyrics! People get away with doing parodies because the original owner of the song either likes the parody and/or it makes people interested in their original version of the song which they then look for and possibly buy.

Jonathan

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
@Symph. I saw your new video and I'm probably being a twerp but I thought it was a lot funnier without the music.

*runs and hides*