So i get nothing? Wow...

Well, it looks like you used copyrighted material. That could be one reason.

Anyhoo, back on topic. I looked at a few videos on the topic, and one popular Youtuber mentioned that it depended on what Thumbnail he used if it would switch to green or yellow and vice versa, so I tried that and after I used a different thumbnail, my video was monetized again, switching back to green.

Not sure if it was mentioned on here and people tried it, but I thought I'd mention it. I did that on Tuesday and it hasn't switched back to yellow so far.

This function is really starting to p**s me off now. Every single video is being flagged as unsuitable for all viewers, right at the start when they are seeing the most traffic.
I have won every single manual request that I have submitted, but that's not the point. It costs me in the interim when my video's are not monetized.
I use my own recorded sounds for background music and the content is 100% owned by me, no bad language and nothing offensive.

Are viewers able to trigger this? Is there a 'report video' button or something similar that can trigger the video to be flagged?
Like most youtubers with a few subscribers, I have my own 'haters'. Are they able to trigger this out of spite?

one popular Youtuber mentioned that it depended on what Thumbnail he used

That's interesting & if it does work, then I'm guessing (due to the flagging system being automated) it must be down to the thumbnail's file name & not the actual thumbnail image?

... & if so, you should be able to upload the same thumbnail each time & just change the name of the jpeg until it works.

Every video I have uploaded recently gets reviewed. I have 12800 subs and they are reviewed and cleared very quickly. It is annoying though. Really hope the new updated fixes it

I just noticed this today. I'm a micro youtuber. I was part of the original community when it first started and mostly stopped after google started ruining things, but am still a partner and would like to start making videos again. Almost every single one of my videos from 9-10 years ago has been flagged and while those videos overall have more views, they will never meet the 1000 per week requirement. I have requested manual review, but don't anticipate they will ever review them. I get google is an all important corporation that must make money, but what bothers me is the obvious bias in favor of creators who make things advertiser friendly and/or creators who make videos for the sole purpose of generating advertising $. There is nothing wrong with those things, but it leaves everyone else out and makes it impossible for those of us who either have less views/less content and who create for other reasons. I am not looking to make a living off of youtube or even a generous amount, but I want to be treated fairly in that if I don't have as many views, I'm not penalized by not being granted the same review process as larger youtubers. The whole "the bigger you are, the more power you have" makes sense to a point, but not to the point where smaller youtubers have no power at all. I mean, it's like working for a company that says, "we're not going to give you benefits until you make x amount of money, but we're not going to pay you enough so you can make x amount of money and we're also going to flag your work as unpayable so even if you do put in the hours, it won't count." I want to revamp my entire channel and start creating again, and I don't want to have to worry about being flagged or pushed down because I haven't gotten enough views to matter. Might as well be adtube.

Got another song demonetized today. This is a song, about a scene in a film, it has literally no other images except what you see in the first frame and thumbnail which is a portrait of the singer and an abstract green yellow and red texture. For some reason Youtube has found this "content: Not suitable for most advertisers"

Im at a loss as to how this system could have been approved and put into action while being obviously terribly flawed. If Youtube was in charge of art during during previous centuries we never would have seen or heard about Michelangelo, Van Gogh, or Picasso, but because Youtube is scared of making Coca Cola upset, the art of the current century is being suppressed. This is just maddening. Such a slap to the face of the creators on this platform.

I make garden videos and I've really been hit the past two weeks. A lot of farm channels are feeling it, too. I wish it would just get figured out.

I need to follow up on my post here because shorty after I posted it, my video was apparently reviewed manually and restored to fully monetized. I'm rather shocked by this because I've been hearing horror stories about hearing about videos being "under review" for a long time. I still have a different video which has been under review for nearly a month, however I must say that I'm pleased and relieved that Youtube corrected this with a rather short turnaround. Maybe there is hope to alieve our frustration, however I don't think it will give any comfort to those others who have been unfairly demonetized.

Had a video posted some 48hrs ago. Gained good views by my standards (35K), today I wake up and it’s been flagged.

I deal basically with news and I’m certain by the time they are done the wow factor will be gone and with it views that really matter.

Sad:crying:

Back