Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Normalize Your Audio

Discussion in 'Video Production' started by Zero, Jun 29, 2015.

1. CalijaVG
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $112
    I've been looking for a way to do this for so long and I never knew it would be this simple!
    Thank you so much xD

This is actually a critical piece of information in my opinion for that very reason stated.

2. CrystalD
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $168
    I never normalize - a compresser gives you a lot more control over the signal, because you can adjust the thresh hold and ratio and it works for the entire signal. Can also just go through manually with amplify and raise the lower bits of dialogue, then compress. Usually, I do this:

- Adjust the volumes of my tracks so they're all balanced and level. If I find a section topping out, I lower all the tracks before compressing.
    - Compress all the tracks (I usually use a 1:5 or 2:1 ratio, sometimes 2:5 if you want your vocals to be more up front)
    - If I lowered my tracks to compress, I do the leveling step here.

Normalizing is a good option too but I just find it messes with the signal too drastically for my liking lol.

AudVid Bros likes this.
  3. Megamindez
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $110
    Thanks for the tip! Appreciate it :)

4. Messages:
    Cash:
    $7
    Oh sweet, I will try this out. As a person who gets loud when they're excited, I end up with high peaks in my audio ^^'

5. Messages:
    Cash:
    $51
    If you're using Adobe Audition go to effects> special>mastering and change the mastering level to around 55 to 65 % and apply. It gives you the option to apply some different eq settings as well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk