My resolution is to HELP YOU (by reviewing your channel)

I really like the concept of showcasing deals on tech. Could potentially grab you a loyal base looking for that kind of thing, and it could potentially gain you sponsors if done right.

Now what I want to emphasize is:

Mic: There's some crackle and static, you might want to fix that as it can become annoying to listen to. Also pump your volume up a little bit and make an effort to sound more enthusiastic. It also helps to cut the awkward pauses from time to time, unless it adds to your point.

Music: A little light, but non-intrusive music can really keep the audience engaged. A cool guy once told me, video is 70% Audio, and that's true to an extent, because it makes the content more enjoyable. So give em the best audio you can possibly deliver.

Content: Have some transitions like numbers popping up before the deals coming up, and have 'em linked to time stamps in your description, makes thing navigable and convenient. Don't just have a screenshot, have some product shots as well, and a specs list as well, if you're going to recommend cheap deals, you might as well give em your reasoning behind it.

Branding: Get an intro and outro, make that brand shine. Take your banner and add to it, right now it's...alright.

Home page: Tad empty. Reconfigure the homepage modules so that users can see your content immediately, and they wont have to navigate to the videos tab. Have a channel trailer too, that'll get things rolling for you.

Lighting: Some neutral lighting would be nice, and colour correct how you want it.

In the comment section: I'm sorry, but do NOT sub for sub. It may seem like an attractive option, especially when you're starting out and you're desperate. But in the long run it really hurts your stats. And you won't be developing a loyal fanbase. In the end, all sub for sub does for you is increase a number, unless there are a few kind souls who dont PURELY care about promotion of their own stuff. But in my experience, that's all sub for sub is, easy promotion with barely any long term benefit. It's better to have 50 subs with 30 views, than 200 subs with 10 views (no s**t, but it could potentially happen)

Anyway, good foundation, follow these tips, and you'll be on your way.

Good Luck

Thanks! I Do Appreciate The Honesty And Imma Get Better With That!

A review would be awesome :help:

Nah you're good man, You've got some interesting stuff, and some decent reviews as well. I cant complain about the thumbnails, as some of them would catch my attention. But the banner is very simplistic. With your logo being a spiderweb, it wouldn't hurt to add a few there.

Have a little extra personality in your rants/reviews/etc. as well, so people will have a reason to watch YOUR review amongst the countless others. And the top# lists, in order to get them noticed, you might want to touch on things that haven't been covered before, but would also still interest people.

Otherwise good stuff.

Keep 'em coming.[DOUBLEPOST=1453687165,1453686346][/DOUBLEPOST]
Review me! My body is ready!
( review my whole channel. Try to watch my newest animation and some of my newer and older Lets Plays and tell me what you think! ALSO AND THIS IS IMPORTANT: Go to a channel called Ace of Hearths gaming and look at the review i did with him. Tell me what you think)
For you,

You've got some funny stuff here and there for a start but...

I would go for more customised thumbnails

I would also try to engage with the audience in your commentary more.

The animations are good for a quick laugh so I reckon those are fine. And they really seem to draw quite the number of views, If you're passionate I'd say go for it.

And regarding the Ace of Hearths, I could only find one video with both you in them, the Clandestine one, and I wouldn't really call that a review, more like a let's play collaboration. There were some uneventful moments so you could've possibly cut those out and had some music in the background. Don't be afraid to engage in banter or talk s**t either, because remember, you're also trying to sell yourself to his subscribers too. Also I find it kinda funny that when you type in Ace of Hearths, you're the top result and not him. Heh, not sure how he'd feel about that one.

Anyways, keep it up and you'll get there eventually. Just focus on these points for now.

Peace[DOUBLEPOST=1453687197][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you could check out my channel and let me know how it looks and what it needs that would be awesome! Thanks so much
You might want to fix that channel link, nothing is coming up for me.

Nah you're good man, You've got some interesting stuff, and some decent reviews as well. I cant complain about the thumbnails, as some of them would catch my attention. But the banner is very simplistic. With your logo being a spiderweb, it wouldn't hurt to add a few there.

Have a little extra personality in your rants/reviews/etc. as well, so people will have a reason to watch YOUR review amongst the countless others. And the top# lists, in order to get them noticed, you might want to touch on things that haven't been covered before, but would also still interest people.

Otherwise good stuff.

For you,

The animations are good for a quick laugh so I reckon those are fine. And they really seem to draw quite the number of views, If you're passionate I'd say go for it.

And regarding the Ace of Hearths, I could only find one video with both you in them, the Clandestine one, and I wouldn't really call that a review, more like a let's play collaboration. There were some uneventful moments so you could've possibly cut those out and had some music in the background. Don't be afraid to engage in banter or talk s**t either, because remember, you're also trying to sell yourself to his subscribers too. Also I find it kinda funny that when you type in Ace of Hearths, you're the top result and not him. Heh, not sure how he'd feel about that one.

Anyways, keep it up and you'll get there eventually. Just focus on these points for now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTPKvMzbt12fh9u45fMiXbQ

Otherwise good stuff.

For you,

Okay! Thanks i really appreciate your opinion on my channel. Thou i must inform you that the review i was talking about was on his channel and was about something conquest. Frankly i cant remember.

Why arent my thumbnails customised. The ones i do i make using source film maker. If i dont have time for that i just make them using footage or not at all. Since im a High school student i just dont have time when the tests roll in.

And how would i manage to engage my audience more?

Oh jeah and his channel is Ace of Hearths gaming. I dunno if i said that in the last post.

I'd appreciate a review from you.
Please tell the conclusions that you come to.
Was the theme explained? Were you entertained?
I'd like to know what else I can do.
;)

As content creators, there are times where we all feel like the direction that our content takes may be confusing. Or perhaps our brand image may not be what we want it to be. Or anything else for that matter. Sometimes we just want to know how we're really doing and how we can improve to better serve our viewers.

I am determined to become more involved in this community, and I think a good start would be for me to help anyone who needs it. By way of reviewing their channel and content!.

So if you have something you need reviewing or need feedback on (Like a particular video or maybe thumbnails, or your channel in general) Then leave a comment here, and i'll get back to you when I can!

My Timezone is AEST so keep that in mind when awaiting a response.

I myself could also use a routine review. So feel free to roast me as well!

How very generous of you! I checked out your channel, looks very good - I immediately know what your channel is about, your branding is very spot-on and it seems you've been at it for some time. Well done! :)

I'd also appreciate a feedback, though our channels are completely different in theme, I don't think that matters. :) Just bear in mind I'm starting out and I'm a poor actor with an old camera, so the production value ain't that hot yet, gotta improvise, 'kay? :D :)

Otherwise good stuff.

For you,

THANK YOU! I'll try to bring more personality into my stuff and I'm already working on a new banner.
It's always great to get some feedback from a fellow youtuber and I really appreciate it.

Back