I have the yeti which is really good and also a Rode Video Mic Pro which is also great, but a little bit dear...

I would recommend the Blue Snowball because it has a wonderful quality and a reasonable price. It's great if your starting youtube or for recording music.

Nice thread:) the turtle beach mics are great for gaming videos and alot of the pc ones are usually under 50$ US

So I have my AT2020 and noticed my sound was a bit "tinny" as in metallic/digitalized almost if that makes sense. I'm using it on my test and I'm maybe 1ft away (its at the edge of my desk about a forearm's length away). I don't have a stand othe rthan the one that came with it, and I THINK the issue is the distance. Any way to correct this before I can get my hands on a mic stand?

I want a CHEAP mic stand that I can maybe raise/lower and swivel out of the way that supports this mic so I can get it closer to my face. The tinny sound is just terrible :(

So I have my AT2020 and noticed my sound was a bit "tinny" as in metallic/digitalized almost if that makes sense. I'm using it on my test and I'm maybe 1ft away (its at the edge of my desk about a forearm's length away). I don't have a stand othe rthan the one that came with it, and I THINK the issue is the distance. Any way to correct this before I can get my hands on a mic stand?

I want a CHEAP mic stand that I can maybe raise/lower and swivel out of the way that supports this mic so I can get it closer to my face. The tinny sound is just terrible :(

@Faptain uses the Selby Desktop Stand, you can buy it here, it's $20 AU (Around $18 US):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Selby-Deskt...Stand-With-Boom-Factory-Seconds-/400598038975

Here is how he has it set up:

IMG_2336.jpg

OP: http://yttalk.com/threads/your-youtube-setup-d.114556/

I totally skype with him daily, I like the setup. Maybe something like that would work out, idk, is that whats causing the tinny sound do you think? Distance from the mic?

It more than likely is, it's a proximity effect, as you're closer closer to the mic you get this more "warm" bass off of the mic, but as you move away you get this echoy tin can sound.

Damn, more money lol...Found a similar one on Amazon. Will be here Friday, then maybe I'll get a newer, updated post of my setup for @Faptain 's thread.

Last edited:
Back