Davis Fang

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
I have the yeti which is really good and also a Rode Video Mic Pro which is also great, but a little bit dear...

aranyoli1231

Entertainer/Vlogger aka Da Boss
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would recommend the Blue Snowball because it has a wonderful quality and a reasonable price. It's great if your starting youtube or for recording music.

GirlSimmer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice thread:) the turtle beach mics are great for gaming videos and alot of the pc ones are usually under 50$ US

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just got myself an AT 2020, comes in the mail by UPS tomorrow! So happy and excited!

Reactions: RedFox

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I have my AT2020 and noticed my sound was a bit "tinny" as in metallic/digitalized almost if that makes sense. I'm using it on my test and I'm maybe 1ft away (its at the edge of my desk about a forearm's length away). I don't have a stand othe rthan the one that came with it, and I THINK the issue is the distance. Any way to correct this before I can get my hands on a mic stand?

I want a CHEAP mic stand that I can maybe raise/lower and swivel out of the way that supports this mic so I can get it closer to my face. The tinny sound is just terrible :(

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
So I have my AT2020 and noticed my sound was a bit "tinny" as in metallic/digitalized almost if that makes sense. I'm using it on my test and I'm maybe 1ft away (its at the edge of my desk about a forearm's length away). I don't have a stand othe rthan the one that came with it, and I THINK the issue is the distance. Any way to correct this before I can get my hands on a mic stand?

I want a CHEAP mic stand that I can maybe raise/lower and swivel out of the way that supports this mic so I can get it closer to my face. The tinny sound is just terrible :(
@Faptain uses the Selby Desktop Stand, you can buy it here, it's $20 AU (Around $18 US):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Selby-Desktop-Table-Top-Microphone-Stand-With-Boom-Factory-Seconds-/400598038975

Here is how he has it set up:

OP: http://yttalk.com/threads/your-youtube-setup-d.114556/

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I totally skype with him daily, I like the setup. Maybe something like that would work out, idk, is that whats causing the tinny sound do you think? Distance from the mic?
It more than likely is, it's a proximity effect, as you're closer closer to the mic you get this more "warm" bass off of the mic, but as you move away you get this echoy tin can sound.

Reactions: WeiseGamer

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Damn, more money lol...Found a similar one on Amazon. Will be here Friday, then maybe I'll get a newer, updated post of my setup for @Faptain 's thread.

Last edited: