Nathan Greaves

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We occasionally use a Sennheiser me66 with a Tascam DR-40 mk2 :)

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Commentator, Reviewer
I'm thinking of getting the Samson Meter mic soon. Any better than the snowball mic?
They're pretty comparable. I would get the cheaper of the two if money is an issue

Rita-Marie Hartford

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What would be the greatest deal, for someone not wanting to spend a ton of money on a microphone? What's the favorite? I also film beauty/vlogs/diy videos.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Can't post the video here, but I just reviewed the Rode Videomicro. Ultimately, I plan to use the Rode Videomic Pro, but for someone looking to make a (pretty decent) jump in quality compared to the on board mics, for not a whole lot of money it's a great option! I will also have a direct comparison of the two mics in a few settings up sometime soon.

MistyEmma

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
thanks for this :). Thinking about replacing my Blue Snowball. Over time the recording quality has been varied, so I'm looking for something with better quality.

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Seeing this thread really makes me want to get my $10 USB mic build tutorial made. It's pretty simple if you know how to solder, and the quality is comparable to a Blue Snowball.

Reactions: injusticeexpert7

FUDGIES

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i personally prefer the AT-2020

smouchysmouch

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Great list! I really need to upgrade my mic, really adds another level of quality for youtube channels!