Maximize Your Income: Secondary Revenue Streams For YouTubers

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tried an affiliate link this past week. I put the affiliate link on my website but on my YouTube video, I put the link to my website.

The video has 15K views resulting in $800+ in sales and $32 in revenue for me. Considering the item gets me about $2, that is only 16 sales out of 15K views. Not promising but interesting none the less.

The other interesting statistic is that out of 15K views, only about 400 people came to my website.

Reactions: Michael and Gabriel

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tried an affiliate link this past week. I put the affiliate link on my website but on my YouTube video, I put the link to my website.

The video has 15K views resulting in $800+ in sales and $32 in revenue for me. Considering the item gets me about $2, that is only 16 sales out of 15K views. Not promising but interesting none the less.

The other interesting statistic is that out of 15K views, only about 400 people came to my website.
I must say 16 sales is pretty good for 15,000 views from my perspective, the revenue for you not so good however :)

Reactions: Michael and markkaz

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, next time just get them to buy flat screen tvs or cars.

Reactions: markkaz

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Have you associated your website so you can use annotations to your site? If you could do that and put an annotation or two in your video it could help with that. If you do this with several really popular videos I am sure over time they could bring in more sales, maybe not consistently though, I can imagine them doing better around November/December with Christmas and all the sales going on.

gameium

Reaction score
I have personally tried what OP said, and trust me, it works. But I didnt do it in relation to my youtube channel, but that should work just as well.

Reactions: Gabriel and Michael

Jolly Cube

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Is the 'ban' on affiliate links on the video itself or does it also mean you can't put affiliate links on the description of the video?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is the 'ban' on affiliate links on the video itself or does it also mean you can't put affiliate links on the description of the video?
I would not put affiliate links anywhere on YouTube just to be safe. Put a link to your website and have the referral links there. Sorry, YouTube does not have clear-cut rules so nobody can give you specific instructions.

Reactions: Michael