Massive drop in views on kid channels

Here is an example of a trending genre in Youtube of animating kid stories straight from our international friends. They are technically made for teenagers or are they?

Last edited:
Honestly, Youtube has no idea the percentage of total views that are coming from kids under 13 because kids under 13 don't have accounts. Many channels think that their analytics page provides information on the age of the viewer, but the data is garbage because the viewer is most likely not the person attached to the account that is logged in. I believe close to half of the views on Youtube are coming from kids under 13, but there is no way to determine this.

Youtube has now penalized content creators that were actually making appropriate content for this age group by tweaking the algorithm. The kids are still going to watch, but they will now watch content designed for someone 13 or up. I just checked my daughter's tablet to see the suggested videos (she is 7). Youtube suggested a kid friendly video from the Ellen Show, a video of a lego car from Mr. Beast, a video from Inside Edition called "teen posed as a doctor", and PewDiePie 100 million youtube award video. Not one single video suggested from the kid channels that she likes to watch like tic tac toy. It is obvious that Youtube is not suggesting kid content anymore.
My suggested videos are down to 43% average, and my weekly views are down week over week...I don;t think my videos are shown too many places. it is hard to believe I once averaged over 300,000 views a day, now barely 10K views.

My suggested videos are down to 43% average, and my weekly views are down week over week...I don;t think my videos are shown too many places. it is hard to believe I once averaged over 300,000 views a day, now barely 10K views.

I think everything will improve on September 25. Because here has given time 30 days. all views will be alright (25 september)

When is this happening?

We want to give creators time to get familiar with this update which is why we will begin removing these videos without giving a strike to the channel as we ramp up enforcement over the next 30 days. Additionally, we won’t strike videos uploaded prior to this update, but we may still remove the content.

I think everything will improve on September 25. Because here has given time 30 days. all views will be alright (25 september)

When is this happening?

We want to give creators time to get familiar with this update which is why we will begin removing these videos without giving a strike to the channel as we ramp up enforcement over the next 30 days. Additionally, we won’t strike videos uploaded prior to this update, but we may still remove the content.
Thanks, it will be interesting to see what happens, so far none of my videos have been removed, or re-classified, as all 2800 of them are clean family friendly and actually all kid friendly. I never used bad words ..HOWEVER....the AI which does the captioning, I have noticed does make a lot of mistakes, so if they are using their translation which could be erroneous to make the determination, that could spell trouble...did you ever follow along with the captioning and watch the words vs what you are saying..vs the translation ? Then there will be a manual process, and they will probably say only videos that get 1000 views per week get reviewed...and really, all videos add up whether it be pennies nickels or dimes. Honestly I doubt anything of consequence will happen Sept 25, I wish it would , anything of consequence that helps out real original creators who aren;t scamming the system.

When is this happening?

do you think they put block on all kid videos? Ours just dont get into recommended even though retention and CRT are good. I noticed even the newest ryans video dont get view like they used to only traffic source that knows ryan. So they put block on all newly uploaded kid videos for some reason and suggested only old ones.

maybe they are currently checking all old videos and didnt have a chance to check new ones that's why the algo paused recommending

Last edited:
do you think they put block on all kid videos? Ours just dont get into recommended even though retention and CRT are good. I noticed even newest ryans video dont get view like they used to only traffic source that knows ryan. So they put block on all newly uploaded kid videos for some reason and suggested only old ones.
won't affect me, I stopped making videos. Kids are gone. We need a class action lawsuit , all the creators who quit their jobs and had a career doing this need to be compensated. I made 2800 videos...they knew they were guilty from the beginning.

do you think they put block on all kid videos? Ours just dont get into recommended even though retention and CRT are good. I noticed even newest ryans video dont get view like they used to only traffic source that knows ryan. So they put block on all newly uploaded kid videos for some reason and suggested only old ones.
evet 2019 my videos are not recommended at all. only my old videos are a bit recommended

Here is an example of a trending genre in Youtube of animating kid stories straight from our international friends. They are technically made for teenagers or are they?

this is worse than 16 and pregnant show. thank God russians are not at fault here, this is Ukrainian station so you should be happy

Last edited:
do you think they put block on all kid videos? Ours just dont get into recommended even though retention and CRT are good. I noticed even the newest ryans video dont get view like they used to only traffic source that knows ryan. So they put block on all newly uploaded kid videos for some reason and suggested only old ones.

maybe they are currently checking all old videos and didnt have a chance to check new ones that's why the algo paused recommending

There is no question that the algorithm was changed specifically to reduce views on "kid" videos. Youtube even acknowledged this. They claimed it was changed to promote quality and educational content. Kids are still watching the same amount of Youtube, they are just watching content that is even more inappropriate for them to watch due to a jacked up algorithm. That 12 and pregnant video that talks about sex has been watched 4 million times. I can assure you that 4 million adults did not watch that video. It is going to take some time and money, but there are going to be some people held accountable at Google for their incompetence. This situation is not just a COPPA thing. So as long as big tech doesn't regain power next year and regain political control of our DOJ.

Last edited:
Back