Massive drop in views on kid channels

Well, I think it all boils down to much adue about nothing. This story articulates what the real problem is very well.

A modern Christmas Story.

IT SNOWED LAST NIGHT.....
8:00 am: My kids and I made a snowman.
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why we didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, we made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it should have been two snow men instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and NOT to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - We were being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up .
8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened us with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
9:45 - The FTC threatened to sue me 42K because I did not designate the display as Not for Children.

Moral of the Story:

This is what happens when you have too many SNOWFLAKES!

Last edited:
whose views are down since Christmas?

Actually mine finally took a turn upward on the 24th and 25th. I had been in steep decline in the weeks leading up to Christmas due to the fact that I was forced to edit my disclaimer on the bottom of 85% of my videos and it screwed up my channels ranking. Who knew that such a minor change would have such a huge effect (30% drop)? My views are up 16% since the 23rd. Whew!

Actually mine finally took a turn upward on the 24th and 25th. I had been in steep decline in the weeks leading up to Christmas due to the fact that I was forced to edit my disclaimer on the bottom of 85% of my videos and it screwed up my channels ranking. Who knew that such a minor change would have such a huge effect (30% drop)? My views are up 16% since the 23rd. Whew!
whats a disclaimer ? why ?

It seems that new upload just don't get into recommended at all. I don't get it why they still have all these filters in place and what they are checking. Every new video. Who else has this?

And playlists. Does anyone know if all kid videos will be removed from user generated palylists? That's massive blow

Last edited:
whats a disclaimer ? why ?

I am an amazon affiliate and place product links in the description of the video, so I am required to have a disclaimer informing people that the links are affiliate links. But it like walking on a razor's edge to get the wording just right so I am not in violation of someone's rules. Amazon, YouTube, and the FTC all have their own rules for what the Disclaimer must, or must not, say.

From a user

"Legally, being signed in to YouTube means you are signing off that you are over 13. So an easy solution would be to put personalized ads ONLY on videos signed in users are watching. If someone is not logged in and watching, they should use CONTEXTUALIZED ads only...just like old fashioned TV. Base the ads on the content of the videos, not the data of the viewer. This would make the problem go away. It should be put into the YouTube contract that if you are a logged in user and you hand your device to your child, that should be legally considered parental consent. Also, WHY are they basically killing off kid-specific channels the way they are? The FTC is not making YouTube do that. It is absolutely unnecessary. Just use contextualized ads on those channels. End of story. "

Why is youtube killing all kids content? Why cannot they take parents' permission

Every new video does this. If you look it just doesn't get suggested for a long time. A year ago this problem never existed. Who has the same problem ?

Attachments

• suggested.jpg
    suggested.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 19
Every new video does this. If you look it just doesn't get suggested for a long time. A year ago this problem never existed. Who has the same problem ?

Youtube has been suppressing views from kid channels since July for new videos. Even the biggest channels have been hurt by this. Some have weathered the storm by falsely claiming content is education related. Youtube wouldn't specify what they did, but they said the algorithm was changed to promote quality and educational kids content. Remember the start of this whole thread was about this massive drop and it progressed with debacle after debacle that would ensue.

Last edited:
Back