Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

This question has been asked and answered many times already. I suggest you read the link given above by @xingcat and browse/search the forum.

It appears that something has changed in the last week. I had been able to use end screen links in the past and now I can't enable monetization (< 10k views). At least my old videos still seem to be fine.

Last edited:
I just noticed that You Tube has changed the monetization rules. Now there is no monetization for small You Tubers unless you get 10,000 view first. Just seems they get free views (10,000 of them) for the creators work without any compensation or does You Tube compensate the creator after reaching the 10,000 views? Any thoughts and or concerns out there about this change?

Cheers,
Scott

Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

The first 10k views are not backdated.

10k views seem a lot when just starting, but when you look at the bigger picture, 10k views really is a tiny drop in the ocean. In financial terms, it is only about $15.

Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

The first 10k views are not backdated.

10k views seem a lot when just starting, but when you look at the bigger picture, 10k views really is a tiny drop in the ocean. In financial terms, it is only about $15.

You are right...Its just when you are a small 10,000 seems larger than large. LOL. Is not the $15 that bothers me....its about the policy changing I think.

Thanks for putting this in the right forum.

Cheers,
Scott

Wait.....I don't understand. I'm at like.....just under 4k views total for my channel right now. I monetized two of my existing videos a few hours ago. I even set point in the videos where I want the ads to appear. Has this new policy already been implemented, or is YouTube changing the rules very soon?

Some commenters on one of my forum posts were talk about the 10k requirement, but I appear to be able to monetize right now. Does this mean that any money I earn from views isn't really mine now? Does it all go to YouTube?

Help me understand my dudes. You're my only hope! :).

Also, OldNotDead thanks for asking this question. I love the channel name! :).

i can monetise too, how old is your channel Frisky? im just over 2k views. Iv had this channel for a about year and a half ish. i haven't had any income really. i looked and ages ago i had $23 i didn't know existed and have vanished on my ad sense i have £0.03 god knows how that got there and how i earned it? (Edit) I can place ads as well.

Hi Jake!

How's it goin' my dude?

I started my channel on Aug 23, 2016 so just over a year now. I've just recently started becoming much more active on my channel which is why I'm on this forum to learn all I can so my channel will grow. At one time I had a few dollars from ad revenue, but I haven't looked at that in some time. I know I don't have enough for them to send me a check so I really haven't bothered checking again because of that. :).

Maybe this whole 10k thing is just for brand new channels and not ones that have been around awhile like ours. I'm gonna keep monetizing because I've heard from others on this forum that when you monetize videos YouTube promotes them more. I don't know if that's still true or not, but it doesn't cost anything to monetize so I'm gonna keep doing that.....while I still can. :).

I'm no expert at ad placement either. I normally have one ad at the start of my video for less than 15 minute videos, but if I do a gaming live stream that last an hour or more I'll place like two ads, equally spaced in the video. I totally don't know if that's optimal, but that's what I do.

How did you get $23.00 on your account with 2k views? You must have had a very generous advertiser. I would very much like to have them advertise on my videos. Lol. :).

Take care my friend. :).

I guess they implemented this earlier this year, so channels that have started in 2016 should not be affected by this, at least that´s my take on it!
I´m not bothered by it since I have over 30k views on my channel. I remember there was a time you had to have 10k views PER VIDEO to monetise it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back