Little known Video SEO Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingerDinger

I've Got It
Wanted to share a video seo trick that you never see anybody mentioning.

Before uploading your video to Youtube everyone knows to name the video file there main keyword.

However there is one more SEO trick that you should be doing.

Goto your video file and right click and select properties.(See Image)

3_zpssj0t68e9.jpg

Then select the "Details Tab"

2_zpsmzw0smis.jpg

Then fill out your:
Title:
2nd Title:
Tags:

Then click on Apply.

Then once that is all done go ahead and upload to YouTube.

I always wondered if it would help to fill in those sections but never tried it. Now I'll have to give it a shot :thumbsup2:

it works great, my latest video ranks No.1 after one hour for " Advanced Warfare domination on compound"

and its already on page 2 for "advanced warfare compound"

and considering the amount of advanced warfare videos thats pretty good going

Thanks for the tip, I've always ensured the video file name has keywords in it but never for these properties, so ill try this on my next few videos :)

Should tags and comments be filled too?

Thanks for the tip, I've always ensured the video file name has keywords in it but never for these properties, so ill try this on my next few videos :)

Should tags and comments be filled too?
fill out the tags, you can leave the comments, never bothered with that bit.

I've considered this, but really didn't think much of that helped. I mean, why would meta data on the file help? Does YT Search Crawler really read meta tags on the file itself? Is there official proof on this? I know you said you have videos that have ranked which is totally awesome, but was it because of this or something else?

I've considered this, but really didn't think much of that helped. I mean, why would meta data on the file help? Does YT Search Crawler really read meta tags on the file itself? Is there official proof on this? I know you said you have videos that have ranked which is totally awesome, but was it because of this or something else?

the video i ranked using this had 2 views, i uploaded it in the same way as all my other videos and the first time is used this tip it ranked.

And if you do a search then you will see that yes youtube does read the video meta data

the video i ranked using this had 2 views, i uploaded it in the same way as all my other videos and the first time is used this tip it ranked.

And if you do a search then you will see that yes youtube does read the video meta data

I want to believe it will work and have no problem doing that meta data, just think it sounds a bit crazy to me when it's never been in a creator school thing from YouTube and I've never heard it mentioned by any of the panels from people at VidCon or other similar events, other interviews from YouTube people, etc. I'm all for ways to help rank, just seems crazy that no one has ever mentioned it as having any impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back